• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

How to find out what market value is of clubs?

rolltherock

Dec 9, 2008
Guys I have two clubs, one is my daughter's 'old' driver and the other is my son's 'old' hybrid.

Callaway FT-5 Draw, 10.5*, stock Fuji 150 stiff, original Callaway grip, no headcover, fine condition.

Hogan CFT Ti hybrid 212* 3h, new Golf Prid Tour Velvet on it, factory head cover, stiff Crossfire shaft.

How does one find out what these are worth. Not looking to screw anyone, but don't want to give them away either. Thanks.

jerome

Aug 25, 2006
Go to ebay and do an advanced search on completed listings for the same or nearly the same item. I use this a lot more than the pga value guide, as it seems to be more realistic. The value guide always seems low to me.

xman1112

May 8, 2009
Unfortunately, you usually get 'crap' trade in value when you bring stuff to a store; not just golf stuff either. You're better off trying to sell it yourself, even if it takes longer...hold out.

FATC1TY

Taylormade Ho' Magnet
May 29, 2008
Most stores go for the trade-in value on the PGA site. I've seen many pull the site up, and go with the median number on there.

Some places, like Dicks, will add 20% to the value if your trading it in for another club. Which aint a bad deal if your planning on getting something they carry already.

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
Guys I have two clubs, one is my daughter's 'old' driver and the other is my son's 'old' hybrid.

Callaway FT-5 Draw, 10.5*, stock Fuji 150 stiff, original Callaway grip, no headcover, fine condition.

Hogan CFT Ti hybrid 212* 3h, new Golf Prid Tour Velvet on it, factory head cover, stiff Crossfire shaft.

How does one find out what these are worth. Not looking to screw anyone, but don't want to give them away either. Thanks.

I'd say you would get about $80 for the driver and maybe $20-$30 for the hybrid on ebay, plus shipping costs. Take them to the store and trade them in you will get...much less unfortunately. If you have the time and want to spend a few minutes on ebay it would be worth it.

OP
R

rolltherock

Dec 9, 2008
I'd say you would get about $80 for the driver and maybe $20-$30 for the hybrid on ebay, plus shipping costs. Take them to the store and trade them in you will get...much less unfortunately. If you have the time and want to spend a few minutes on ebay it would be worth it.

Thanks guys. I think I might be on to something here! Ha I'm only kidding b/c it's new to me.....I'm apparently the last to know. Have heard of Craigslist, but wasn't really sure what it was all about. Talk about EASY!

I put them on Craigslist and they were just picked up this morning! Sold them together as a package and gave the guy 2 GP Tour Velvets for $130.....which is more than I thought b/c he didn't balk so I think we both made out nicely!

Members online

No members online now.