• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

How to improve my group's game of wolf?

scgamecock

Feb 5, 2009
Wondering how everyone else plays it, and if anyone has some interesting ways to add on to or improve the way my group plays.

We usually play with three people when one guy in the weekly foursome can't make it.

Obviously we pick the order on the first tee. You have to pick your teammate before the next guy hits. If you don't like the two tee shots, then you go it alone. With three, there's always someone by themselves. So if the pair wins, they recieve a dot a piece, if the solo wins he gets two dots.

About two months ago we started carrying over if there is a push up to two times, which makes it pretty interesting. First push, solo gets 4, pair gets 2 a piece. Second push solo gets 6, pair gets 3 a piece.

We have one kind of gimmicky add on. I'm not sure if this is standard or not. No one had heard of it when i mentioned it. It usually only gets broken out towards the end to try to catch up. If you are the wolf on a hole, you can call Lone Wolf before even you hit designating that you are going alone, and it doubles the bet. I haven't seen it happen yet, but theoretically if there is a two hole push and you lone wolf it, solo gets 12 dots, pair gets 6 a piece.

Obviously we try not to pick on anyone playing poorly, and usually when you get a pretty good lead, a target starts to form on your back and the other two start strategizing against you. We try to keep it fair and not too brutal, and we always have fun with it.

Any feedback would be appreciated. Basically I want to see if there is anything to add. But I am curious to know what kind of flaws you notice, and if any/how many people think it sounds dumb and pointless. I've been told by someone that its dumb to play it with three people, but to me its ideal.

jerome

Aug 25, 2006
The way our group plays wolf is that all three of us tee off and the person who would hit 2nd is the wolf. Meaning it would be the best drive and the worst drive against the middle drive. But we are all within ten shots usually so nobody really end up getting screwed.

wirehair

Life's too short to drink cheap wine.
Apr 29, 2005
We will throw in a "blind lone wolf" worth twice if you're feeling froggy. But you have to be wolf, and call it before anyone hits.

OP
S

scgamecock

Feb 5, 2009
We will throw in a "blind lone wolf" worth twice if you're feeling froggy. But you have to be wolf, and call it before anyone hits.

yea we do that too, lone wolf. i'm not sure i explained it very well but thats what i was talking about.

🔥 Latest posts