• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

How to instruct my gf...?

Bravo

Aug 27, 2004
I know I wil likely blow some people away with this post but this is how I really feel about it.

For my entire married life - I have never wanted my wife to set foot on a golf course. I have discouraged her from playing and frankly she has expressed virtually no interest in the game at all.

Golf - is MY time away from females. This golf board is my time away from females. Although I am a horny heterosexual man, there are many times where the last thing I want to see is a woman. I don't care how good they look - I don't want to be with individuals of the opposite sex.

Unless I play horribly, after I come home - I am in a good mood. It is because I have not heard the constant chatter of women for the past five hours.

Somebody told me recently that researchers have determined that the average female speaks 10,000 words a day. The average male: 2,000.

I live in a house with three women. The constant meaningless chatter and gossip is maddening sometimes. So I retreat to the board. And once a week, I retreat - outside - and spend some times with the guys. Cigars, beer, jokes. No worries. No meaningless gossip. And when the discussion Does turn to serious matters such as politics or business, I am with individuals who are bright and accomplished - whose opinions I respect (but often disagree with).

I have no objections to women playing golf. As I have posted many times, the women who play at our place are - on the main - fast and courteous. I am held up and delayed far more by rude male players than female.

It's just that I do not want my wife on the golf course. And interestingly, of the 30+ players I have played with over the past 30 years at my place or in traveling groups - not a single one has a wife that plays the game...

DaveE

The golfer fka ST Champ
Aug 31, 2004
"I know I wil likely blow some people away with this post but this is how I really feel about it."

We're like brothers from different mothers. My daughers have both moved out but it's been the same for me here. My only "guy" time is on the golf course or on this forum. And I'm pretty sure my older daughter is closer to 40,000 words a day.

Lucky for me my wife hates the idea of playing golf but doesn't mind that I love it. I think she realizes how stressful my business can be and that I need a way to relax. Either that or she knows I'll be gone for about 4 hours and the mailman is coming over.

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
DaveE said:
Either that or she knows I'll be gone for about 4 hours and the mailman is coming over.

So that's what she's calling me these days....how cute... :biglol:

R35

OP
S

Silver

I don't have a handicap.
Dec 5, 2004
Thanks for all the tips guys, I think things will work out. We're gonna try our first 9 holes at an executive course with my dad and brother tomorrow, so it should be interesting.

And B - I hear you and totally understand, but I play enough golf with "the guys", that if I can convert my meaningless chatter time to golf as well, that'll be just one more notch on the belt for me. I will *always* keep by golf time with the guys, which she's not interested in because we'll all be "too good" for her, but will now get to spend our usually "less well used" quality time together on the golf course as well.

Money for nothing...and chicks for free.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.