• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

How to reshaft a Ping A Blade putter head?

SiberianDVM

I love Hooters
Jul 25, 2005
Augusta, GA
Country
United States United States
Last evening at the range I found an old Ping A Blade putter head lying in the grass. The face looks fine, but the plumbers' neck is bent.

The hosel is very short and there appears to be a ball in the bottom. I know this putter is not worth much, but I thought it might be fun to reshaft it if I can straighten out the neck.

Anyone know what inexpensive putter shaft I should use? Any idea on ideal swingweight? Do I leave the ball bearing in there? How does such a short hosel hold the shaft?

wirehair

Life's too short to drink cheap wine.
Apr 29, 2005
Those old pings are great.:)

The shaft is held into the cup using some sort of friction fit with the ball bearing, but to fix it the ball needs to be removed. Not many people are capable of handling them. Find an old club maker or shoot some pictures to George Palombi for suggestions.

Eracer

No more triple bogies!!
Oct 31, 2005
Those old pings are great.:)

The shaft is held into the cup using some sort of friction fit with the ball bearing, but to fix it the ball needs to be removed. Not many people are capable of handling them. Find an old club maker or shoot some pictures to George Palombi for suggestions.
You never fail to amaze.

In one post you talk about the oil industry and energy policy with a knowledge born of careful thought and obvious experience, next you're cleaning a poopy accident off your hands using an on-course ball washer, then giving advice about some obscure PING putter shaft installation method.

You are my hero...

wirehair

Life's too short to drink cheap wine.
Apr 29, 2005
You never fail to amaze.

In one post you talk about the oil industry and energy policy with a knowledge born of careful thought and obvious experience, next you're cleaning a poopy accident off your hands using an on-course ball washer, then giving advice about some obscure PING putter shaft installation method.

You are my hero...

Aw shucks...I think.:eek:

...are you about to drop another shoe?:confused:

🔥 Latest posts