• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

How to stop slicing??

MAHALLEDAY

Mikey Dangerous
Nov 29, 2004
Eracer said:
Absolutely. That doesn't mean you should accept a crappy swing as "natural". Learning and practicing the fundamentals of a repeatable swing is important. But everyone has a preferred shot shape. The fade is more controllable simply because it's easier, due to the geometry of the golf swing. Sure, it's great to be able to work the ball both ways at will. I wish I had the time and money to be able to learn that. But until then, I'll just stick with trying to groove a repeatable swing. If it's easier for me to hit a fade, then I'll play a fade.
Exactly, I have given up analyzing my swing. All I'm trying to do now is make sure my grip, and posture etc, are correct. If you get that right its pretty hard to hit a real bad shot.

At leats I hope so :D.

Eracer

No more triple bogies!!
Oct 31, 2005
MAHALLEDAY said:
Exactly, I have given up analyzing my swing. All I'm trying to do now is make sure my grip, and posture etc, are correct. If you get that right its pretty hard to hit a real bad shot.

At leats I hope so :D.

What brings it all home to me is when I try to hit the guy in the little tractor (not the man in the little boat, TH...) who's driving frantically around the range picking up all the little white things.

I have no time to set up properly. My target is about 30 sq.ft. My target line is constantly changing, and for cryin' out loud I've got to LEAD THE GUY! Like I'm skeet shooting. And guess what? I hit the guy half the time. Or at least come real close. But I can't hit a stationary 1000 sq.ft. bunch of grass with a flag in the middle of it when I have all the time in the world.

That tells me that I just need to relax, focus on the target, and hit the damn ball...

MAHALLEDAY

Mikey Dangerous
Nov 29, 2004
Eracer....as a former range monkey I'm appauled that you'd go out and try and hit the guy in the, for shame.:prop:

I love hitting that guy. And I think I may be the only range monkey never to be hit, and beleive me the assisant pros used to love coming out to the range just to hit me, suckers never could though ha!.

I went out last night and played nine hole in my after work league. Shot a very average, not so super 48 but I was hittign the ball about a million times better than I had been.

All I changes was my posture, and setup. I really focused on being in a nice athletic position at address. Kept the grip very neutral, and griped the club about an inch lower than I usually do. The result was a nice long fade or dead straight. I had the odd giant pull which is no biggy can't hit everything perfect. :D.

If i didnt 3 put everything it would have been a decent round, oh well. More practice this week and we'll see how it goes one the weekend.

Eracer

No more triple bogies!!
Oct 31, 2005
MAHALLEDAY said:
Eracer....as a former range monkey I'm appauled that you'd go out and try and hit the guy in the, for shame.:prop:

I love hitting that guy. And I think I may be the only range monkey never to be hit, and beleive me the assisant pros used to love coming out to the range just to hit me, suckers never could though ha!.

I went out last night and played nine hole in my after work league. Shot a very average, not so super 48 but I was hittign the ball about a million times better than I had been.

All I changes was my posture, and setup. I really focused on being in a nice athletic position at address. Kept the grip very neutral, and griped the club about an inch lower than I usually do. The result was a nice long fade or dead straight. I had the odd giant pull which is no biggy can't hit everything perfect. :D.

If i didnt 3 put everything it would have been a decent round, oh well. More practice this week and we'll see how it goes one the weekend.

I'm in the same boat M. I feel that my ball-striking is getting better and better (read - more consistent) but I still find ways to 3-putt and or 3-chip way too many holes. Gotta' find a way (that doesn't involve the "P" word) to fix that part of my game. I may just bring one wedge to the range every day for 30 minutes after work for a month, and see if that helps.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online