• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

How to take scuffs out!

lildudejds

Shut up ya dumb beaver...
Supporting Member
Aug 2, 2005
Howdy! This is my first post at this forum!

Anyway, about 15 minutes ago my Hippo Giant 400cc titanium driver came in the mail! So the first thing i did was walked outside teed up a ball, and hit it(i live in the country, i can do that!). It his really well, but when i looked on the bottum was this medium sized scuff! i dont know how it got there! I made good connection with the ball.. anyway, i was wandering if anyone knows any good ways to take those out.

Thanks,

Jeffrey

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
J,

The scuff is on the bottom of the club?

I wouldn't worry about it. Over time it will just scuff or buff itself out from use. No sense trying to get it minty again just to have it happen all over.

And honestly, if you're pounding them out there nicely, what's one scuff gonna do? :D

Cheers,

R35

OP
lildudejds

lildudejds

Shut up ya dumb beaver...
Supporting Member
Aug 2, 2005
.....ok....you are right:) 1 scuff isnt bad, especially on the bottum. Thanks for making me feel better! hehe

obagain

Used club guru
Mar 29, 2005
Funny story about scuffs.

We had a guy call and said he broke his shaft, no problem we put a new shaft in the driver for him.
An hour later he calls back and said it was a defective shaft and it broke again. He comes in and the first thing we look at is the scuff pattern on the bottom. I have never seen it like this before, almost sideways towards the hosel. So I take him to the hitting cage to let him hit some while I watch, I put impact tape on the face. He hits 10 balls and never touches the impact tape so I put another piece back at the hosel and slightly on the bottom of the club.
10 more hits and I see a faint area on the bottom so I put another piece on the bottom of the club at the heel. 10 more hits and all are on the bottom of the club!
How do you fix that? I gave him a card of one of the teaching pros and told him not to hit anymore until he had taken a lesson.

BentGrass

In the Lumbar Yard
Jul 3, 2005
Hitting the ball of the bottom of the club 10 times in a row? That can't be an easy task.

nsherman2006

Jan 4, 2005
hey, are you sure it's not a scuff from the tee? If that's the case, an old toothbrush, some soapy water and some scrubbing will take it off in seconds

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
nsherman2006 said:
hey, are you sure it's not a scuff from the tee? If that's the case, an old toothbrush, some soapy water and some scrubbing will take it off in seconds

Because if you don't, it will take 10 yards off your drive. :D

R35

DaveE

The golfer fka ST Champ
Aug 31, 2004
obagain said:
Funny story about scuffs.

We had a guy call and said he broke his shaft, no problem we put a new shaft in the driver for him.
An hour later he calls back and said it was a defective shaft and it broke again. He comes in and the first thing we look at is the scuff pattern on the bottom. I have never seen it like this before, almost sideways towards the hosel. So I take him to the hitting cage to let him hit some while I watch, I put impact tape on the face. He hits 10 balls and never touches the impact tape so I put another piece back at the hosel and slightly on the bottom of the club.
10 more hits and I see a faint area on the bottom so I put another piece on the bottom of the club at the heel. 10 more hits and all are on the bottom of the club!
How do you fix that? I gave him a card of one of the teaching pros and told him not to hit anymore until he had taken a lesson.

I'm trying to picture how he does that but I can't figure it out. Sounds like a great candidate for video lessons.

obagain

Used club guru
Mar 29, 2005
You can use scotch brite to take small blemishes and tee marks off the club without causing any damage, unless it is chrome, then you will have more scratches.

🔥 Latest posts