• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

How to tell if Cleveland wedges are real?

Scotty01292

Mmmmmmmm..... Cake.......
Oct 16, 2005
I've been looking on eBay for some wedges, and I quite like the CG11s. They normally go for 70GBP which is probably about $120 or so, just for one wedge. On eBay, there are a few auctions selling three of them for 120GBP, which is about $200 or so.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/THREE-NEW-CLE...yZ115280QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I am unsure about these. They are a great price, because you are saving 90GBP ($150 or so), but I don't know enough to tell if they are real. Any advice will be appreciated.

zenkar

Jul 30, 2006
his last feedback says

"sells FAKE items BE AWARE! i got my money back but took some time DO NOT BUY"

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
Well I would agree with the last post, thats enough to steer me clear as we all know the saying "if it looks to good to be true...", but if you must then email him a question...i guess that could work...

Johnny Par

Supporting Member
Sep 5, 2006
Looks like the poster posted this before the feedback was left for that seller.

In any case, that should answer his question.

JEFF4i

She lives!
Supporting Member
Jul 3, 2006
Don't buy Clevelend wedges, problems solved. :D

Actually yeah, two big indications are other auctions and feedback.

Davebud

Crackhead Zebra
Oct 31, 2005
:smilie_cl Jeff bite your tongue, Cleveland 588s are the benchmark against which all others are measured.

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
:smilie_cl Jeff bite your tongue, Cleveland 588s are the benchmark against which all others are measured.

Yep. That's why Callaway got old Roger on their Payroll for a while.

They make nice wedges, that's forsure. Maybe not the best in everyone's opinion, but you can't say they're crap.

R35

JEFF4i

She lives!
Supporting Member
Jul 3, 2006
They make nice wedges, that's forsure. Maybe not the best in everyone's opinion, but you can't say they're crap.

R35

I never said that, they are wonderful wedges, just not for me.

And yes, I know you never said I said that.

Honestly these new ones coming out, I wouldn't mind trying, I want to keep an open mind and keep trying.

bames

Purchased a better game
Supporting Member
Jan 8, 2006
Utah
Country
United States United States
I'll let you know how to tell after I get my friends back from Cleveland - CG 10 Black Pearls - yeah right. Is the 60* lob wedge supposed to be 1.5" longer than the 52* and 56*? Why is the 60* grip smaller than the others? Why are the red dots a different color? Why does the 60* head look more like the inside of my barbecue? I didn't know that a machine could paint outside the lines! Do you think the lettering is supposed to be yellow on the 60*? We'll see.

dave.

Mar 20, 2005
Check out the equipment pics from The Chrysler posted on GO.I lost count of the number of bags with 588s in,by far the most played wedge there.

JEFF4i

She lives!
Supporting Member
Jul 3, 2006
Probably.

Honestly, I think 1/2 the problem with the 10s is I've never tried them out on a course or greenside.

🔥 Latest posts