• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

How would you play this shot?

King Par

Supporting Member
Apr 15, 2007
Like this one?

ai159.photobucket.com_albums_t135_eracer1111_Scotland_202006_Cruden_20Bay_IMG_2317.jpg

I played a hole like that but it was in Medicine Hat and was on the left side. They had a pole on the side of the hill to show you were you should aim. The hill was really high as well, as guy I was with hits the ball pretty high and he almost hit the top of the hill on his way over.

scrawney

May 8, 2008
I think a possible solution here would be a Big Bertha Lob Wedge ..point it straight and go airborne!..then.. hope for the best! :callaway:

JasonMacIsaac

Titleist and Cleveland
Feb 23, 2005
I think a possible solution here would be a Big Bertha Lob Wedge ..point it straight and go airborne!..then.. hope for the best! :callaway:
Thats were we get into trouble, I am not a distance type golfer, I am more feel but we should know every distance inside 120 like the back of our hand and have the mindset to make the shot.

OP
SiberianDVM

SiberianDVM

I love Hooters
Jul 25, 2005
Augusta, GA
Country
United States United States
Thats were we get into trouble, I am not a distance type golfer, I am more feel but we should know every distance inside 120 like the back of our hand and have the mindset to make the shot.

If you go back to my original post, you will see that this is a 2nd shot where there is an extreme change in elevation, as well as being a blind pin.

While I agree with the concept of trying to hole shots, when you cannot see your target it becomes less likely to occur.

And what I was trying to find out was how some people compute the distance changes that are caused by having to hit to locations high above as well as far below you.

mediaguru

Feb 13, 2005
I might be inclined to take more club and swing a bit easier. If the shot is from an uphill lie and the green is so slanted (I've played several Donald Ross courses), then you might run the risk of spinning the ball back off the green with your 52.

swingsmooth

Apr 24, 2008
I'd definitley hit the less lofted club. I believe the term was "severley uphill". I'd want a shot that would release toward the pin.

scrawney

May 8, 2008

I agree!! What is your opinion on using a Lob Wedge in this type of sitation? If I'm picturing this scenerio correctly ..I would choose the LW for the fact that extremely high trajectory is needed to get over what seems to be a small mountain...getting over an obstacle like this can sometimes limit your control.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.