• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

How you practice at home?

haole

Nov 29, 2007
I'm new to golf but don't have enough time to make it out to the range to practice as much as I'd like to (kids, wife, work etc)

So im looking for some kind of training aid for practicing at home. I was thinking about getting a net and mat setup since it would be the closest thing to a real golf swing, but I would rather have something smaller and easier to set up if possible?

OP
H

haole

Nov 29, 2007
thanks for the suggestion. Do you have any recommendations for full swing practice. I was thinking about getting a momentus swing trainer, but I want something that will help me become a more consistent ball striker, so i want something as close to the real thing as possible.

im looking at getting this the Izzo Home on the Range Bundle.

but it looks a little cheap

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
How much room do you have to work with? When I go to my dads house I hit 15-20yd. pitch shots and it helps a ton with ballstriking for me. Of course knowing what I'm working on also helps. I was hitting an old Hogan PW from about 1960 with a dryrotted grip for an hour and a half on Thankgiving day.

I work on my swing in my living room with my SW. I just practice my takeaway, backswing and transition mostly. Working on taking it straight back on the target line with the head of the club, shaft and naval move together while base stays stable, weight transfer onto right instep. I then push off the instep like I'm going to throw a fastball or a TD pass from the 40, let the hands drop, get narrow and maintain lag. Of couse all of this routine is also a lot of practice in setup and grip, things I am trying to make 2nd nature in my swing.

indacup

Supporting Member
Jun 1, 2007
Iowa
One of the best golfers in our club is a trucker who is gone till dark almost every weekday, so he doesn't get time to practice outdoors.

His daily practice (he says) is the "Momentus and Miller lite"...he swings until the can of beer is done.

Redwing

Ancient Golfer
Dec 1, 2007
One of the best things you can do for your game and your handicap is practice your chip shots. It does not require special equipment and it's done on natural turf, your yard.
Pick a tree or bush, 10 to 30 yards away, and use the base of it as your target. Hit 3 balls at it and measure your success. Do it again and again, being sure that you are following through in a natural swing. It's a short swing but it's very important to follow through. Too many golfers ruin their chances for success, by stopping their swing at the ball(this is true for putting, as well).
Practice of this type will help you get a feel for your clubs and, more importantly, will help you to shoot better scores.

🔥 Latest posts