• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Howdy from Ohio

Golfanatic

Feb 22, 2012
Hello.
Just came by to read mostly. Names William.
Ive been playing for about 6 months. Still going through the newbie changes....trying new clubs and still fine tuning the swing and putting.
Thankfully getting better all the time.

Nice to meet you all
:)

mddubya

Hybrid convert
Nov 6, 2007
Welcome to Shottalk and this crazy game we all love for what-ever reason/reasons. It can be the most rewarding and frustrating game all in the same the same round. But I'm sure after 6 months you've already figured that out to an extent.

The best advice I can give you is get some instruction while its all still new, even if its just some fundammental lessons, grip, stance, basic swing, that way you won't begin by engraining bad habits right from the start.

But welcome to Shottalk, feel free to join in the discussions, ask advice, and join in the clowning around. You'll find we have a great core of members here that will be glad to offer advice and help whenever we can.

OP
Golfanatic

Golfanatic

Feb 22, 2012
Welcome to Shottalk and this crazy game we all love for what-ever reason/reasons. It can be the most rewarding and frustrating game all in the same the same round. But I'm sure after 6 months you've already figured that out to an extent.

The best advice I can give you is get some instruction while its all still new, even if its just some fundammental lessons, grip, stance, basic swing, that way you won't begin by engraining bad habits right from the start.

But welcome to Shottalk, feel free to join in the discussions, ask advice, and join in the clowning around. You'll find we have a great core of members here that will be glad to offer advice and help whenever we can.
Ive got sort of an unfair advantage in that I have a guy I build websites for who is an excellent instructor.
I do his websites and he gives me lessons :)
The man is amazing. Every single thing he's helped me with has seen immediate improvement. Im utterly astounded how well Im playing after so short a time, especially given that its been winter.

mddubya

Hybrid convert
Nov 6, 2007
Ive got sort of an unfair advantage in that I have a guy I build websites for who is an excellent instructor.
I do his websites and he gives me lessons :)
The man is amazing. Every single thing he's helped me with has seen immediate improvement. Im utterly astounded how well Im playing after so short a time, especially given that its been winter.

Well, you're way ahead of the curve then. Good job on finding such a sweet deal. Stick with it then and you'll be outplaying over half of us in no time. In the meantime, again, welcome to Shottalk.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.