• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Howdy

Andy_79

Oct 6, 2005
How do, folks ?!

Ain't been on a while and so got a message at the top of my page asking me to try and engage in conversations, etc. :laugh: Have a very rare opportunity to get online, and it is only really in internet cafes, so I can afford little time to scour this huge site.

Anyways, came back to my mother and father's house for the weekend, hence now being able to use the net.

Played golf yesterday for the first time in 4 or 5 weeks. And it showed :eek: :laugh: Started with a 'no score' & then a '7' on the first two holes, then settled in a wee bit. Hit some decent iron shots, although my putting for the most part was excellent, up until a couple at the end which I left a foot or two short, although the ball did seem to make a slightly different sound off the putter face. Went literally millimetres away from making a handful of putts from distance.

Other positives to take from the round besides my putting was hitting a couple of decent drives with my new Titleist D2 driver and also hitting a 7-wood from 230 to about 10 or 11 feet off a slightly uphill lie. Cracking big high, towering draw, it were. I.G. had gone down the shaft with a 3-wood into about 12 feet just before that, so that made it even sweeter. Unfortunately we missed both our fairly straightforward eagle chances :(

I.G.'s game is very good, and indeed has been for the past couple of seasons. Mine, unfortunately, has gone the opposite way during the same time period :( If this guy could hole a few more putts per round he would be breaking par all the time. He has a very solid game indeed.

I, on the other hand, use to "have it", but am much too inconsistent these days. Have seen myself pierce 5-irons into 8 feet recently, then stand up on two consectutive holes with full 9-iron or wedge shots and struggle to hit the green !

At least I have mellowed myself on the golf course a lot in recent times and rarely get annoyed or p1ssed at the fact I did this or that, and instead realise I don't play anywhere near enough to be going round in a great score. I am just thankfull I get the opportunity to play this great game, regardless of how good or bad I play out there.

Its good to be back on ST.

Take Care,
A.

IrishGolfer

Fac ut gaudeam
Supporting Member
Sep 1, 2004
How do, folks ?!

At least I have mellowed myself on the golf course a lot in recent times and rarely get annoyed or p1ssed at the fact I did this or that, and instead realise I don't play anywhere near enough to be going round in a great score. I am just thankfull I get the opportunity to play this great game, regardless of how good or bad I play out there.

Hats off to you Dude, t'was great to play with you and the lads yesterday. A good game indeed. Sure I could have holded more putts, sure, you could have hit better shots, but overall it was played in great spirit and we were extremely fortunate withe the weather. No tantrums or major expletives!

BTW I thought you were going to mention my chip-in on 17? :) Remember? My chip from about 50 yards, the one I said I had been practicing, a little low spinner, that ran out into the hole for a Bird!! HA! Put a smile on my face, to birdie our index #2 into the wind!

MCDavis

The Plaid Duffer
Staff member
Oct 19, 2006
Sanford, NC
Country
United States United States
Welcome back, Andy!

Hats off to you Dude, t'was great to play with you and the lads yesterday. A good game indeed. Sure I could have holded more putts, sure, you could have hit better shots, but overall it was played in great spirit and we were extremely fortunate withe the weather. No tantrums or major expletives!

This, to me, is what golf is really all about. My hat's off to you, IG!

mont86

Supporting Member
Nov 5, 2005
Hello Andy, R35 use to get those too, now looked what happened.:D

bdcrowe

ST Homeland Security
Aug 30, 2004
Hey, what a coincidence! I'm back too. :)

Congrats IG.
Keep at it Andy.

Eracer

No more triple bogies!!
Oct 31, 2005
Hey, what a coincidence! I'm back too. :)

Congrats IG.
Keep at it Andy.

Wow - this is a great thread. First Andy is back from a short hiatus, then bdcrowe comes back from the dead!

Welcome back, dudes!

OP
Andy_79

Andy_79

Oct 6, 2005

BTW I thought you were going to mention my chip-in on 17? :) Remember? My chip from about 50 yards, the one I said I had been practicing, a little low spinner, that ran out into the hole for a Bird!! HA! Put a smile on my face, to birdie our index #2 into the wind!

Yeah, sorry about that, Marko ! :oops: :) That was a heck of a shot right there ! Inch perfect shot. Defo one of those that you would love to have on video. I had a cracking view of it and knew it was gonna be real, real close.

Gonna try and "play" a few holes tomorrow (today !), I think. Hopefully I'll hit a few good 'uns that'll make me come back another day..:)

OP
Andy_79

Andy_79

Oct 6, 2005
Btw, the site is looking truely fantastic. Love it !! :)

tn-golfnut-from-nj

Birdie Machine.
Jul 13, 2007
Ain't been on a while and so got a message at the top of my page asking me to try and engage in conversations, etc

I got the same message the other day.
I really had nothing to say, so asked a stupid question .
Needless to say, that the thread suffered a quick death.:hunter:

I did however hit my ankle with a 6 Iron on the range yesterday, by trying to knock dirt off of my shoes, and I missed
That hurt real bad, but still not intresting enough to start a new thread.:(

🔥 Latest posts