• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Hurt so good/Tn. trip report

OP
mddubya

mddubya

Hybrid convert
Nov 6, 2007
There is nothing ugly about your swing, I'm just glad nobody videoed mine, lol.

Wi-Golfer

Golfer on hiatus.
Supporting Member
Jul 25, 2007
Madison, Wi
Country
United States United States
I can't see anything except them skinny white legs. Damn dude, you need to put some weight on.:D

LyleG

gear head
Aug 10, 2006
Country
Canada Canada
Some observations,

eclark is much thinner and clean cut than I expected. I had pictured much more of long haired, militia mountain man look.

Doc is about 50 years older than i thought he was.

If I had to get past Eracer I would go over him as it appears to be a shorter route than going around.

:)

bryguy

May 15, 2008
Looks like you guys had a great time. I really hate I missed it. Would have rather been there playing golf than stuck where I was. I'll be there next year.

Eracer

No more triple bogies!!
Oct 31, 2005
I don't have much to add, except that it was a real pleaure meeting the doc and dubya, and playing a round with clarke again.

As for the venue, I would definitely go back there again. Tremendous value: $200 pretty much covered two nights, three 18-hole rounds, and a 9-hole round. I came to appreciate the course more each time I played it. It's a deceptively easy layout (rated 69.5/122 from the 6187 yard blue tee) but that's only if you keep the ball in the fairway. The native grass was just plain NASTY. Typical Nicklaus bunkering favored fades off the tee and on the approach shots, and the smallish, contoured greens were very, very firm. I don't think I saw a single pitch mark all week, and many of my "good" shots hit the front of the green and rolled off the back. I don't spin the ball all that well, so I had some trouble with that part of the game.

Tims Ford is a beautiful area, but you are definitely "in the woods." Honestly, I think it's pretty close to my idea of "retirement heaven." Good golf, and the reservoir is huge, stocked with smallmouth and walleye (reason enough to live there!)

The staff was outstanding - very professional and helpful.
20090417_1286.JPG
20090417_1289.JPG
20090417_1290.JPG
20090417_1294.JPG

Members online

No members online now.