• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Hybrid Bag???

ManchesterGolfer

AKA.... Obi-Wan Ho-Nobi
Jan 4, 2006
Anybody tried one of these?

The idea is to have a single bag that is light enough to be a carry stand bag and large enough to be a cart bag. I have always had stand bags that I would use on my trolley & they would always twist all over the place & just wouldn't sit right. I don't want a cart bag as I'd forget my battery for the trolley (or to charge it) from time to time which mean't lumping a big heavy cart bag around 18 holes on my shoulder.

Here's the one I want;- eBay.co.uk: OGIO EDGE COMBO STAND/CART BAG - 2007 MODEL (item 170092462965 end time 15-Jun-07 08:45:25 BST)

Anybody tried this already?

IrishGolfer

Fac ut gaudeam
Supporting Member
Sep 1, 2004
Paul

I match your needs. Found an answer with Mizuno

MIZUNO USA GOLF .: Mizuno Twister™

Nice bag, on a cart and carrying. Only slight drawback is limited storage space, enough for waterproofs, sweater, but not for the kitchen sink.

I would score it 8.5 outa 10.

Eracer

No more triple bogies!!
Oct 31, 2005
Paul

I match your needs. Found an answer with Mizuno

MIZUNO USA GOLF .: Mizuno Twister™

Nice bag, on a cart and carrying. Only slight drawback is limited storage space, enough for waterproofs, sweater, but not for the kitchen sink.

I would score it 8.5 outa 10.

I have a Mizuno Twister. I like it overall. You can unzip and remove the side pockets, making it a VERY lightweight carry bag. It rides pretty well on a cart, but still twists around a bit from time to time. Storage space was good enough to see me through a 16 day trip to Scotland. I carried full rain gear, plenty of balls, rangefinder, a big camera, and all the other niceties. Limited space? Yes. But not bad.

The dual-strap works pretty well, although I don't carry too often.

The stand legs work great, and have straps that hold them to the bag body when you aren't using them. Nice touch.

The only thing I take points off for is the top section. It has full-length pockets, so the clubs stay organized pretty well, but the top has a weird design, and it's hard to pick out the club you need sometimes. I've had mine for a couple of years, and I see that the link IG provided says they have a "new top section", so maybe they've solved that.

I too would give it about 8 out of 10, and if they had my colors (Gold / Black) I might look at getting another one (if the new top is indeed better). Don't get me wrong, I think all stand bags have awful top sections, compared to a staff bag. Just that my Mizuno is a bit weirder than some others...

chemboy2

M634
Supporting Member
Sep 23, 2004
I don't think you can ever go wrong an Ogio. Good pocket space/design and a great top design with the Woode system IMHO.

🔥 Latest posts