• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Hybrid believer

Bravo

Aug 27, 2004
I picked up the new TM 24 this morning and hit it a few times on the range before we teed off.

We had a frost delay this morrning of about 15 minutes so we agreed to tee off on the back to expedite things.

This is one of the long par 3's I bought the club for. An elevated green with two levels. Plays anywhere from 213 down to 160.

Today it was playing 187. So no better time to try out your new stick - one the first shot.

I pured it onto the back fringe. Such an incredibly easy club to hit.

I figured I had no other need for the club today.

Then...

On the other long par 3, I hit 4 iron but was still a bit short of the green, about 7 feet off. I had the putter in my hand and went, "Wait a minute....lemme give the hybrid a go...."

Used a putting stroke and almost holed it. It went about 5 feet past though....comes off hotter than the putter but really a breeze.

Glad I got this puppy in mid-winter so I can acquire some greenside skills with it.

I am a Believer!!!

shouldnt have waited so long.

BTW - love the Aldila NV Hybrid shaft. Feels just like steel....

The master

Oct 24, 2004
Nice bravo man. Yeah my sonartec is a lovely golf club they are so good all utility clubs in general are great. I use mine around the green all the time. For some reason i'm hitting my 19* utility as far as my 15* v-stell. AND WHO SAYS SONARTEC ARE DODGEY. :)

Silver

I don't have a handicap.
Dec 5, 2004
Awesome, hybrids are where it's at. I'm pretty seriously thinking about trading my 7 wood for a lower lofted hybrid.

bdcrowe

ST Homeland Security
Aug 30, 2004
Bravo. Gotta love it. It holed out on 18 from a few feet off the green with my 22* for birdie. Suhweet.

OP
Bravo

Bravo

Aug 27, 2004
bd:

I really think I need to reshaft my 19* sonartec and want to ask your help with this.

I have a Penley Tour Lite in the 14 and a ProForce Gold 65 stiff in the 19*.

The 19* really hits it straight - but no distance. Now that I am dialed in pretty good with the TM 24 - I would like to get about 10-12 extra yards with the Sonartec 19 by reshafing with a Penley to match the one I have in my 14 that I love.

What do you think?

DaveE

The golfer fka ST Champ
Aug 31, 2004
You motivated me to go out and demo hybrids this weekend. Like always I already had one in mind that I thought would be my favorite. Also like always, I was wrong.

I had almost decided on the Hogan from previous demos but ended up liking the feel and sound of the TM. I still not sure which shaft to go with. I'm actually looking for a replacement for my 3 iron so I might go with steel.

In any case I'm going to get one.

OP
Bravo

Bravo

Aug 27, 2004
DaveE said:
You motivated me to go out and demo hybrids this weekend. Like always I already had one in mind that I thought would be my favorite. Also like always, I was wrong.

I had almost decided on the Hogan from previous demos but ended up liking the feel and sound of the TM. I still not sure which shaft to go with. I'm actually looking for a replacement for my 3 iron so I might go with steel.

In any case I'm going to get one.

Well be sure you demo the Aldila NV Hybrid shaft. As the name implies, it was specifically created for a hybrid club. Has the feel of steel - not too wippy....

This runs up the cost of the club though. Mine was $175 with the Aldila shaft...

chemboy2

M634
Supporting Member
Sep 23, 2004
welcome to the hybrid club!

As someone who couldn't hit a 3 or 4 iron for anything, I'm a big proponent of hybrids. I had gotten to the point that I had stopped carrying my 3, 4, and 5 irons and just did my best with fairway woods (5, 7, 9). I find the hybrids easier to hit and I'm a lot more consistent with them, although I still can't hit my 5 iron (I think that is more mental at this point). The hybrid 4 (22*) has also replaced my PW when chipping from the tight lies.

grazo

slacker hacker
Aug 31, 2004
Bravo,

what are the specs of your NV? 85 or 105? Stiff? What's your swing speed again?

I want to re-shaft my Rescue 19 but was thinking of putting the same shaft that is in my irons (DGS-300), so that it performs more like an iron than a wood, but I am intrigued by the NV (I have the NV 75 in my driver)

Thanks

DaveE

The golfer fka ST Champ
Aug 31, 2004
Bravo said:
Well be sure you demo the Aldila NV Hybrid shaft. As the name implies, it was specifically created for a hybrid club. Has the feel of steel - not too wippy....

This runs up the cost of the club though. Mine was $175 with the Aldila shaft...

Is the point of the Aldila to add more distance while having the feel of steel? I'm mainly interested in consistency and would like a hybrid with about the same distance as my 3 iron.

Members online

No members online now.