• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Hybrid clubs

Fore!

Feb 20, 2006
Anyone have an opinion on these types of clubs? Dicks Sporting Goods has their Golf-a-thon going on right now. They have a Taylor Made 19* hybrid for $99.00. What iron would this replace? If I could leave my 3 iron in the car and hit this, I may grab it.

SiberianDVM

I love Hooters
Jul 25, 2005
Augusta, GA
Country
United States United States
A 19* would be a 2 iron, wouldn't it? My hybrids are 2h 19*, 3h 21*, 4h 24*, 5h 27*. I don't usually carry the 2h and 3h, carrying 4 wedges instead.

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
If you carry a 5wood it is probably the same or 1* more. I carry a 23* Sonartec that replaces the 3 iron. You may want to go up to something between 21* and 23*. Make sure it's the rescue mid not rescue fairway and with a graphite shaft. The fairway or the mid with a steel shaft can be bought for less brand new off E-bay. I just sold a rescue fairway brand new 17* with a stiff graphite shaft for $65. I bought it for under $50.

Pa Jayhawk

Nov 15, 2005
Country
United States United States
In general a 19* would probably be midway between a 2i and 3i. Although when I demoed and researched Hybrids I found that the Taylormade is a little longer Hybrid than most, so I would definately say a 2i or possibly even a little more.

bposton

Feb 14, 2006
Don't forget the custom club option

Different brands of hybrids have different loft ranges for replacing irons.
You should try to stay in the 21-23 degree range to replace your 3 iron.

But don't forget about the lower-cost (and just as good) options - custom made hybrids with name brand shafts and grips. You can get a custom made hybrid just as good (or better with if it has a better shaft) that is built to your measurements - for equal to or less than used name brands, much less than Dick's.

goatster

SUPER SOAKER
Feb 20, 2005
ive been thinking about getting some hybrids but im not sure if id like them.im thinking of getting a 2i hyb.to replace my 5wood and maybe a 3h &4h to replace the 3 and 4 irons.

i guess ill have to go hit a few and see what they feel like.the only thing that scares me is i had a small headed 7 wood that i hit like cr**.my 7 wood was smaller then my 9 wood and of course now both are dust collectors.

🔥 Latest posts