• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Hybrid Decisions....

lildudejds

Shut up ya dumb beaver...
Supporting Member
Aug 2, 2005
I recently picked up a Baffler DWS 08 Model with the VS Proto shaft. It's a 20 degree hybrid and when hit well, good for 220 yard or a so. Really a nice club. I still however think that I'd like the look of the Baffler Pro better, and am CONSTANTLY thinking about the shaft. I know a lot of people play steel shafts in hybrids nowadays, and love them. Do you think getting a couple FST Pro White shafts(same ones I have in my irons) and throwing them in the bafflers would be a bad idea? Are other steel shafts that would be much better?

I have my iron's cut down a half inch under standard, and would most likely follow the same lengths as my irons.

Any ideas or suggestions?

My final plan is to have a 2,3,and 4 set of hybrids, either baffler DWS or Pro, is the Pro harder to hit than the DWS? I hit the DWS well enough that I don't think it would be too big of a problem...

Pa Jayhawk

Nov 15, 2005
Country
United States United States
I love the Nippon NS950 Pro in my Baffler, and is what makes the club IMO. So it would seem like a logical choice to go demo one of the Bafflers that has that shaft to see how it compares. I doubt I would ever go to a different shaft in a Hybrid.

RC52

It's in the hole-ASSCLOWN
Mar 30, 2008
I play steel shafts in everything except the driver, since I prefer a heavier shaft and steel shafts are known for consistency. The baffler hybrid i had, was the DWS w/ Nippon NS pro 950 shafts. It could have been my swing but i hooked those things and i lost all my confidence in them and went to a 7 wood and haven't looked back. If memory serves me correct the Baffler Pro has no offset and more of a flat face instead of the face onset (negative bounce) of the DWS, which does promote a hook. So it's really based on your swing, and your miss. If you hook, go with Pro, if you slice stick with DWS.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online