• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Hybrid Help

hypergolf

Mar 6, 2007
Guys. Need help on hoing (new vocab) :laugh: a new hybrid.

1. Adam's Idea Pro w/ Aldila Proto VS shaft.
2. Callaway X Hybrid w/ Graphite Design YS Hybrid
3. Titleist PT585.H w/ Aldila NV Hybrid
4. Taylormade Rescue TP 2007 w/ RE*AX 85 TP by Fujikura

Please let me know how your choice differs from my current TM Rescue Dual TP w/ Diamana Blue. Thanks.

footballking732

BURNER BABY!!
Sep 2, 2006
ive heard alot of good things about the titleist 585, but everyone seems to agree, that club is for low handicappers only..

i would just stay with what youve got, thats what im looking for at the moment(assuming you are hitting it well)

MCDavis

The Plaid Duffer
Staff member
Oct 19, 2006
Sanford, NC
Country
United States United States
I'd tell you to buy my Idea Pro, but that's for purely selfish reasons! ;)

For the 4 you listed:
1. One of the best, if not the best, hybrid/shaft stock combo's available. I have never seen a negative comment on this hybrid. If I were going to play hybrids, I would keep mine. (No, that's not a sales pitch)

2. Don't know much about the head, but that's a great shaft. Would be my 3rd choice from your list.

3. Another top notch hybrid, but not a great shaft IMHO. Played it in an A2 and didn't care for it. The 585 is supposed to be very accurate and those that play them love them. Would be my 2nd choice of your list.

4. Wouldn't spend the money just to upgrade the shafts...stick with what you're playing if this is your choice. Demo it against your current TM.

Just my .02!

FKA19

winter ho'in
May 21, 2006
i reccomend steel shafts in hybrids. itll play more like an iron, and have more control which hybrids are meant to do.

OP
hypergolf

hypergolf

Mar 6, 2007
I'd tell you to buy my Idea Pro, but that's for purely selfish reasons! ;)

For the 4 you listed:
1. One of the best, if not the best, hybrid/shaft stock combo's available. I have never seen a negative comment on this hybrid. If I were going to play hybrids, I would keep mine. (No, that's not a sales pitch)

2. Don't know much about the head, but that's a great shaft. Would be my 3rd choice from your list.

3. Another top notch hybrid, but not a great shaft IMHO. Played it in an A2 and didn't care for it. The 585 is supposed to be very accurate and those that play them love them. Would be my 2nd choice of your list.

4. Wouldn't spend the money just to upgrade the shafts...stick with what you're playing if this is your choice. Demo it against your current TM.

Just my .02!

How many inches is the 2 iron replacement? Is it 40.5inches? Also, does it have a penetrating ball flight or does it go high like my current TM Rescue Dual? How about the feel of the shaft? Is it pretty comparable to Diamana Blue? Diamana has a very soft feel at impact... Not harsh like some I tried... Thanks.

MCDavis

The Plaid Duffer
Staff member
Oct 19, 2006
Sanford, NC
Country
United States United States
The 2i is 40.5" per Adams website.

I tend to hit all of my clubs high, but this club does seem to penetrate well. I didn't play it much, so it's hard for me to say. The shaft has no harshness that I noticed.

I have never hit the TP or the Diamana, so I really can't compare.

🔥 Latest posts