• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Hybrid ideas

Clugnut

Gimme some roombas!
Aug 13, 2006
I've gone a while without a hybrid now, and I miss them. I am looking for something different, something that palys out of the rough and fairway. I think I'm looking for something in the 5 wood/ 2-3 iron slot, probably 19-20 degrees. Decent looks and easy to hit are a must, and cheap is a real plus.

VtDivot

SLIGHTERED
Supporting Member
Apr 16, 2005
everyone is just going to recommend what they have - but since you're after buying a bunch of my stuff, I can honestly say, my hybrid has been in may bag through about 6 drivers and 4 sets of irons. It's going nowhere.

dunagan15

Aug 17, 2008
^^ at what Divot said. From the hybrids I have hit, which are the TM rescue 19* and an Adams A7 3h, The rescue was far easier to hit, but the adams did perform well when struck well (obviously), just not as easy to hit as the TM. Hope this helps a little.

Barkz

Aug 26, 2010
I still carry a Nickent 3DX, cost me £23 (around $35 I think) off eBay. I also like the old Sonartec MD transition. I had a TP rescue like yourself and hated it. I haven't hit anything as well as I hit the Nickent.

SilverUberXeno

El Tigre Blanco
Jul 26, 2005
Haven't even considered another hybrid since I started bagging the 4DX model a couple of years ago. Even now, I only shop for duplicates.

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
I had a 3DX and didn't like it near as well as my Cobra Bafflers but I'm thinking about a couple Adams. They are the hybrid experts IMHO.

EddieC

Feb 1, 2006
I'm with VT on the Hybrid, not the model, but the longest lasting club in the bag to date....have had my steel shafted TM rescue mid in the bag for years..can't even remember now how long. Their old school, easy to hit from a tee, the fairway and the rough and for me the thing just works. When I'm looking at changing clubs out, the TM never even gets looked at it so steady.

IrishGolfer

Fac ut gaudeam
Supporting Member
Sep 1, 2004
Alex Noren became the 8th European Tour winner this season to leave a 3 iron out of his bag. An interesting endorsement of hybrids!

LTCMARCPAUL

More demanding player's clubs / better golfer!
Jun 24, 2009
Salt Lake City, UT
Country
United States United States
I play the PING G15 hybrids and think they're grreat. They have the Serrano stiff shafts in them and I play the PX 6.0's in my s57 irons. Has anyone tried the PX steel shafts in their hybrids??

D2Doug

Jul 29, 2011
cheap and titleist don't often converge in the same sentense, true, I own all 4 Titleist hybrids, and the 19 degree is my absolute favorite, followed closely by my 17. But if I carried one, it would be my 19 degree 910H with Diamana/ahina Stiff graphite shaft. But check ebay, you might find a bargain. The Titleist have fantastic feel and are very forgiving.

xamilo

Right Curving Driver....
Supporting Member
Dec 22, 2007
Have you consider Wilson Staff Fybrids? It was a great surprise for me when first hit one. They might not be the longest, but there is no easier to hit club. Old ones can be found for under $30 and newer model for around $50.

MercMan

Dec 28, 2010
I use Callaway RAZR Tour, they are great and you can pick them up on ebay for under $100

🔥 Latest posts