• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Hybrid Opinions

Dannykos

Sep 20, 2006
i've got the Hi-bore hybrid - and it's kicked my halo out of the bag... give it a try!

JEFF4i

She lives!
Supporting Member
Jul 3, 2006
Obviously.

That's like those guys that say they can hit 2 iron LOL

What's wrong with a 2 iron?

I can hit one fine! Anyway, my main problem with hybrids is more that I am just as consistent with long irons, but the long irons are more easily workable when necessary. Once again, like golf in general, I guess it's just what you are capable of, and want out of the game.

winders

Sep 23, 2006

I can hit one fine! ...... Once again, like golf in general, I guess it's just what you are capable of, and want out of the game.
JEFF4i,

Do we bow down now? Maybe you didn't mean to make that sound like it did...

There are plenty of pro golfers out there (that are probably a little bit more capable than you are and want just as much or more out of the game than you do) that have replaced their 2 iron and even their 3 iron with a hybrid. How do you respond to that.

Do you really hit that 2 iron consistently well? Have you given the hybrids a real chance and learned to play them well?

Scott

Eracer

No more triple bogies!!
Oct 31, 2005
Cobra Baffler comes in a 26*. Saw them today at Golfsmith for $99 with the Nippon shaft, which is a fantastic steel shaft. I see they came out now with 2 new lines with a weighting system. The PRO model looks like the adjustable weights, but not sure. The 23* model is the most reliable club in my bag and I hit it about 185-190, but I think my general distances are shorter than yours.

What he said.

My match play opponent last week told me, "I was scared every time you pulled those hybrids out." That's because every time I pulled them out I was either:

A: 185 yards (Baffler 4/R) to 200 yards (Baffler 3/R) down the middle of the fairway off the tee.

B: Hitting the green from 185 to 200 yards out.

I'm going to grab on of the 5/R's as soon as I can find one with the stiff Nippon steel shaft. For $99, these clubs are a stupid good deal.

Pa Jayhawk

Nov 15, 2005
Country
United States United States
i've got the Hi-bore hybrid - and it's kicked my halo out of the bag... give it a try!
Is there a big difference in the way it plays??? I was kind of surprised when they came out with the Hi-bore, as I thought the Halo seemed to have the Hi-bore design already. I was actually wondering if they didn't in fact get the idea of the Hi-bore from experience with the Halo.

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States

I can hit one fine! Anyway, my main problem with hybrids is more that I am just as consistent with long irons, but the long irons are more easily workable when necessary. Once again, like golf in general, I guess it's just what you are capable of, and want out of the game.

JEFF4i

You guys and your "working the ball". Geesh. Isn't there anyone else that just hits it "straight" or trys to?

:confused:

DaveE

The golfer fka ST Champ
Aug 31, 2004
You guys and your "working the ball". Geesh. Isn't there anyone else that just hits it "straight" or trys to?

:confused:

That's my goal on every shot. Apparently that means I don't want much out of the game but it's enough for me.

JEFF4i

She lives!
Supporting Member
Jul 3, 2006
JEFF4i,

Do we bow down now? Maybe you didn't mean to make that sound like it did...

There are plenty of pro golfers out there (that are probably a little bit more capable than you are and want just as much or more out of the game than you do) that have replaced their 2 iron and even their 3 iron with a hybrid. How do you respond to that.

Do you really hit that 2 iron consistently well? Have you given the hybrids a real chance and learned to play them well?

Scott

No, I'm not asking you to bow down, of course not. All I'm saying, is to me, the advantages outweigh the disadvantages.

Also, part of the problem is that I haven't found a hybrid that I hit any better than my 2. Mostly get erratic for me, and yes I've tried a few(various courses have various demos). If I find a hybrid that can outperform the 2, at least in consistancy, then it will probably find it's way into my bag.

Last but not least, the 2 iron isn't a mainstay in my bag. Almost every outting my bag looks like this:

Driver, TS, 3-PW, GW, SW, LW.

🔥 Latest posts