• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

hybrid shafts

RickinMA

Supporting Member
Feb 3, 2007
Just wondering if anyone had comments about similarities or differences between driver shafts and the hybrid shafts marketed with the same branding.

Specifically, I've had good luck with the Grafalloy ProLaunch Blue in my driver and was considering getting a hybrid with the ProLaunch hybrid shaft.

So much of this game is feel and I'm looking to minimize trial and error - plus, it's tough to demo hybrids with a bunch of shafts - I've had issues just finding heads that I like.

I'm leaning towards ordering a custom hybrid (Lynx black cat or wishon) with this shaft, but if the hybrid shaft is nothing like the driver shaft, I will look at alternatives.

Thanks

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
Being a guy that can't play a hybrid for some reason, this may seem strange.

I've heard very good things about both the Graman UL series for hybrids and the Accuflex hybrid series shafts. Both are solid and get great numbers from those that have tried them.

That being said, I've never hit them. I've tried a few steel hybrids, the NV and the PL Blue (which I didn't like, didn't feel the same as the driver). But that's me.

If you can, try a few out. Shafts are enigmas.

R35

OP
R

RickinMA

Supporting Member
Feb 3, 2007
Shafts are enigmas.

no kidding.... I'm planning to go for an iron fitting soon I think - there are just too many options

I'll just ask the clubfitter to recommend a hybrid shaft after that - hopefully, if he's fitted my driver and irons, it shouldn't be too hard to find something in the middle

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
no kidding.... I'm planning to go for an iron fitting soon I think - there are just too many options

I'll just ask the clubfitter to recommend a hybrid shaft after that - hopefully, if he's fitted my driver and irons, it shouldn't be too hard to find something in the middle

Best thing you'll ever do. Good on ya for seeing this right off the hop and doing the right thing.

Of course, you could just hit every driver from 1996 to today like Ez did...:D

R35

Sandy

Aug 29, 2006
Don't rule out the UST iRod hybrid shaft either. I've had it in a few of the hybrids I've gone through and have loved it in there. I may even bung them into my current hybrids in the summer, in fact.

If it's good enough for Sonartec... :thumbs up:

LyleG

gear head
Aug 10, 2006
Country
Canada Canada
I personally like the same shaft in my hybrids that I play in my irons.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.