• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

hybrid slice

turkey

Mar 24, 2009
so I have been playing golf for about 3 years but this year I decided to take take it seriously and and really try to improve my game playing 2 twice a week driving range 3 times a week

upgraded my v- foil irons which I still love to the new nike slingshot HL combo set love these even more any way my game is making great improvement went to a 3 par on Saturday had 2 birdies 4 or 5 pars and the rest we bogeys no doubles or triples which is amazing for me

anyway at the range and on the course i hit everything straight 90% of the time even the driver, this is the first year a I have ever been able to get the driver going but every time I pick up my 3-5 hybrids if i don't play the ball way forward in my stance and aim 20 yrds left of the target I hit a wicked slice the ball comes of the club face nice every time good angle just long and wrong only with the hybrids any thoughts

MIKE1218

Top Bloke
Dec 21, 2006
Are you sure it's ONLY with the hybrids? Anyway, sounds like you are trying to hit them like fairway woods. Not gonna work. You have to hit them like an iron.

Strengthen your grip.

mddubya

Hybrid convert
Nov 6, 2007
Hit down on the ball just like a iron, take a divot. I know it doesn't make sense, it looks like a wood, I should hit it like a wood, wrong!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But don't feel bad, I can't hit a hybrid consistently to save my life.

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
Sometimes getting them too far forward actually is more prone to slice. When I had a hybrid I had to make sure I played it out of my 7i ball position. Basically I'd just say "hit a high 7i" and it worked pretty good. If I got it too far forward I would thin it and sometimes hit a massive hook, which is why I got rid of it. Pull-hooked one 2 blocks off the golf course one day and never hit it again.

phatheadaf

Jul 20, 2008
I agree w/ all the posters. If it helps, try to grip down, might make you feel less like you have to swipe at it like a wood.

Kudos on the new clubs... gotta love those Nike HL's!!! glad to hear your new game is a success. Also Kudos for not picking somthing really hard to hit, and picking the club that fits you!!!

Sounds like your gonna have a great year...

A.

OP
turkey

turkey

Mar 24, 2009
this site is great thanks for all the feed back yea i know its weird if I miss hit the irons or driver i usually put a hook on it but this doesn't happen often but with the hybrids I slice it more often then not

yea I always try to pick the clubs I feel will let me do my best if it is super game improvement nike irons so be it I can't say enough about how good they feel

JohnT_90

Apr 23, 2009
Try and trick yourself into swinging consitently. Think of a club you hit really well and tell yourself your hiiting that club instead of the one you're actually hitting. This way you will avoid changes in swing and set up which may equal a straighter shot. Just a tip i picked up off one of the pros at my bit.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.