• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Hybrids @#$%^&

PaPaD

Geezer, recovering club ho.
Supporting Member
Jan 5, 2015
Fredericksburg VA & Hernando FLA
Country
United States United States
I have been able to get a few good ball flights with hybrids...but they're few and far between.

I'm not great with fairways either. I usually just stick with my long irons.
This seems to be working for me as well. Even the mis-hit long irons go straight and on these tight bermuda fairways, they KEEP going.

OP
limpalong

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Used the hybrids twice during this morning's round. First time, I planned on it to fade as they used to... just not as much. Durn thing went dead straight. Still on the left edge of the green and ended up making par. Second time aimed dead at the pin. That's where the ball went. Missed a short birdie putt... one of 4 short putts missed today. Now, may have to get putting lessons/tips from the Shot Talk Greats!!!:)

azgreg

"Don't count that."
Supporting Member
Sep 20, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
Country
Used the hybrids twice during this morning's round. First time, I planned on it to fade as they used to... just not as much. Durn thing went dead straight. Still on the left edge of the green and ended up making par. Second time aimed dead at the pin. That's where the ball went. Missed a short birdie putt... one of 4 short putts missed today. Now, may have to get putting lessons/tips from the Shot Talk Greats!!!:)
Putter is the same, just hit it like a 6 iron.

Wi-Golfer

Golfer on hiatus.
Supporting Member
Jul 25, 2007
Madison, Wi
Country
Hybrids, driver, irons, I suck with all of them. The only club I hit consistently decent is my 3W.

OP
limpalong

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Putter is the same, just hit it like a 6 iron.
Today, the putted balls when about the distance one would expect from a 6-iron. My word, the greens were quick!!!

OP
limpalong

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
178 yards from the pin on a par 4 today. A little tail wind. Pulled a hybrid, set up like it was a 6-iron... as instructed by the Shot Talk teaching staff... took a smooth swing. Ball left the fairway on a beautiful arc and ended up less than 3" from being an eagle. Two times the yardage was right today for hybrids and both times they worked as if magic clubs.

azgreg

"Don't count that."
Supporting Member
Sep 20, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
Country
giphy.gif

SiberianDVM

I love Hooters
Jul 25, 2005
Augusta, GA
Country
178 yards from the pin on a par 4 today. A little tail wind. Pulled a hybrid, set up like it was a 6-iron... as instructed by the Shot Talk teaching staff... took a smooth swing. Ball left the fairway on a beautiful arc and ended up less than 3" from being an eagle. Two times the yardage was right today for hybrids and both times they worked as if magic clubs.

It's just setting you up for a fall.
Evil, they are........

TheTrueReview

"Playing it straight"
Supporting Member
Jan 8, 2009
Country
Australia Australia

It reminds me of this video by G-Mac.

azgreg

"Don't count that."
Supporting Member
Sep 20, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
Country
That's why I play a 7W. Goes as far as a 3H but flies higher and stops quicker.

🔥 Latest posts