• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

I actually played golf again

nsherman2006

Jan 4, 2005
Haha...It's been so long since I've actually had something golf related to talk about.

Anyway, I've gotten out and played a bit this year, and I forgot how good this game is. I've also forgotten how to be good at this game, but that's a different story...

Sneaking 9 in or trying to see how many holes I can squeeze into a Sunday afternoon, just enjoying the walk, the weather, and occasionally the company...it's really a pleasant break from the business of the rest of my life. Again, not like I'm actually a responsible adult at this point, but I'm working pretty hard, and it's nice to take some time off and enjoy it.

So even though I'm not shooting the same scores I used to or losing as few balls as I once did...I figured I'd post something here just to say hi again, and hopefully everyone else is having a good time out there on the course!

As for the golf...I've been bombing the ball this year, but the short game is veiled under a thick coat of rust, starting to get the scrambling down. Managed to squeak out a 39 in half an hour with an 8 iron at the local nine...best round so far this year, at least mentally. Especially after having to scramble on the last 3 holes of my first round out to break 100.

How's everyone else liking this game?

mont86

Supporting Member
Nov 5, 2005
Haven't seen you around in a while. How have you been spending your time?

OP
N

nsherman2006

Jan 4, 2005
Haha...I've been spending my time at school and work really. Trying to graduate close to on time after a couple major switches and picking up a teacher certification program.

Dumped the psycho girlfriend who was the reason I haven't really played golf since I got good at it...really wishing I could just get back to that level, but it's not that easy I've found.

What have you all been up to? How's everybody been playing?

OP
N

nsherman2006

Jan 4, 2005
Haha...what's up rock?

I'm touched some of you noticed my absence. I've been trying to live too much of life too quick haha

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
You... barely broke 100? Oh, we gotta play.
icon10.gif

You'll magically get it all back and shoot 78 or something though, I know better than that.
icon12.gif
Seriously though, hit me up sometime. I'm usually fairly unemployed around mid month.

OP
N

nsherman2006

Jan 4, 2005
Ez...my schedule is pretty crazy, except for Sundays. I squeeze in nines after work when I can, but most of my golfing gets done on Sunday now. I'm playing alright again. High 70s at the local dog track that I used to be able to shoot low 70s at. So I'm not all back, but I'm coming around.

Where's somewhere kind of cheap to play on a weekend?

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.