• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

I agree!

The master

Oct 24, 2004
This is a comment that Hank Haney made in golf digest about ALL of the big break episodes.

Having watched all "The Big Break" episodes, I've concluded that those players don't need a break, what they really need is more game. The winners will get more than a big break, they'll get a reality check. Most people have no concept as to how good touring professionals are.

I agree with him I don;t think anyone on the show would have even a chnace on the tour apart from maybe Bart if he gained some experience.

What are your opinions on this comment?

JasonMacIsaac

Titleist and Cleveland
Feb 23, 2005
The first big break most of the guys had a big slap slice and looked no better then a 8 handicap.

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
See, this is what I don't understand. Wouldn't it be better to have players that actually stand a chance in making any Tour whatsoever?

Anyone that has participated in the Big Break is obviously not good enough for any Tour, otherwise they'd be playing on Tour. Cased closed.

R35

MAHALLEDAY

Mikey Dangerous
Nov 29, 2004
I agree Rock, Whats odd though is that if you ook at the erquiremtnets for the show it clearly staes you need to be scratch or better, So you;d think that they make sure the guys were at least scratch before hand. Ulnless they couldn;t find enough guys for the show that were good enough.

JasonMacIsaac

Titleist and Cleveland
Feb 23, 2005
What I think would be a good big break is for decent amateurs to compete for a full year at some sort of golf academy with a great swing instructor. Then be given a sponsors exemption on tour.

obagain

Used club guru
Mar 29, 2005
It would be fun to see them at the bc open or similar event. I don't think any of them have a chance. I have seen 100's of guys who could wipe the floor with the big break guys.

There is a pro I play with who shot a 57 a couple of years ago, it was on a course that was 7600 yards so it wasn't a puff cake course, he didn't last a full year on the tight lies tour.

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
Exactly.

Remember Bart? He has a decent swing. Where the hell is he now? And where are those two jokers from BB1?

(I will add that those two guys from BB1 are by FAR the best out of any contestants on Big Break, hands down. Justin and what was the other dude's name?...)

The Ladies only thing was an obvious setup. Equal rights and all that. But none of those ladies could touch the LPGA with a ten foot pole.

R35

dave.

Mar 20, 2005
the worst player on the Euro tour played to +1 for a season,on the longest tougest courses in Europe,and obviously the toughest pin positions,week in week out

he is spot on when he says few amateurs understand how good touring pros are

🔥 Latest posts