• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

I Am A Southern Wuss

Mors Ab Alto

Aug 28, 2006
Alright, I now understand the pain suffered by those of you in the northern regions of the globe, but not really. The weather here in Texas has been dismal for the last 3 weeks, and I finally thought today would be nice enough to play 18. When I left the house it was 46* and the wind was between 15-20 MPH. But, by the 2nd hole, the temp had dropped noticeably, and the wind had begun to whip about quite a bit. By the 3rd hole, the sky had become covered in cluds, my hands were stinging and the wind was making our ears and face numb. When we finally made it back into the clubhouse, the temp was 33* and the winds were between 25-30 MPH, with 40 MPH gusts. Needless to say, my buddy and I bowed out at the turn and retreated to our climate controlled cars for the sad ride home.

I had gone 3 weeks without swinging a club in anger, and I was happy to be out there, for about 20 minutes. I can only imagine how life is for you Yanks still digging out from the winter season (or still waiting to dig out of it). I consider myself lucky, because aside from the 8 weeks in mid-January to mid-February that yield maybe 10 playable days, we really have an all year season down here. I can't imagine going 3-4 months without playing golf, although I have gone that long on 4 seperate occasions, but I was deployed overseas at the time, so there wasn't much in the way of golfing opprtunites. I do plan on taking my lob wedge on the next deployment to the Rock to work on my sand game.

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
Yeah, we are getting it in my region now. Yesterday it was 3* when I went to work. Today, 12*. It should be over soon and up to 40* by the end of the week though. Hopefully I can get out once a week to practice in Feb. through mid-March. The Masters is pretty much the big kickoff for the golf season where I am. After that it's play as much as possible till it gets too hot.

demon

Hybrids are for girls
Oct 29, 2006
I went out today in Dallas and it dumped on me on the 7th hole then stopped after 10 min. The temps dropped big time after it started to rain.

Jules150

Aug 29, 2006
30s arent that bad if its not windy, when i started today it was 29, slowly creeped up to the 30s, you just gotta throw on a couple of layers and you'll be fine, the downside is it reduces your flexibility and its a little harder to swing the club, but its better than not playing...

OP
Mors Ab Alto

Mors Ab Alto

Aug 28, 2006
The biggest problem I had was turning the club over. I am a very handsy player (though I try to use my shoulders and core more), and due to my Dalyesque backswing, timing is crucial on my downswing. I normally hit a big draw/hook, but today I left 4 approaches hard right.

And the wind made putting and teeing off a little difficult, but I think my hands just weren't up for it today. Even broke out the FootJoy winter gloves that only see this light of day once a year, but they don't quite fit like a regular glove. My fingers don't fill the gloves properly, so I just wound up not using them at all. besides, I always take off my glove for shots 100 yards and in, for feel.

:real angry: :mad: :unhappy:

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.