• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

I am going to be one sore puppy....

Bravo

Aug 27, 2004
OK - I am kinda fat. I admit it.

5' 11" 213 lbs.

Although I do walk/carry 18 holes a couple of times per month - I am not in the best shape...

So today, I went to the fitness center and asked for a "golf workout". Before I know it, I am on this specialized machine that has a handle about 2 feet long that is attached to a cable, which is attached to a weight stack. 3 exercises with this dude alone. You are able to simulate your backswing and (separately) your downswing with about 15 Kg of weight in resistance.

And then onto the usual assortment of leg presses, back presses, squats and overheads.

10 minutes on level 5 stairmaster...

I haven't worked out in ten years and I am going to be a giant ball of sore muscles over the next two weeks. I'd love to be my opponents in my weekly matches.

My scores will surely soar while I am sore.

Deep down inside - really deep down - I hate exercise.

DaveE

The golfer fka ST Champ
Aug 31, 2004
You're right. If it's been ten years you are in for some pain. :faintthud

Too bad our golf outing isn't this weekend, maybe I would have had a chance.

FWIW, once you get over the pain you should feel better just about all the time, not only on the golf course. I've worked out off and on for years and everytime I quit for awhile I really notice.

I started back up after the first of the year and I'm already feeling the benefits. I've lost 10 pounds and just feel better throughout the day. I guess it's more important for us old farts to stay in shape than it is for the twentysomthin's.

Good luck and if you need some moral support let me know.

OP
Bravo

Bravo

Aug 27, 2004
I'll give you a shout as I sit here in front of the keyboard.

The only thing that won't hurt is my fingers.....

The master

Oct 24, 2004
I go to hte gym every friday with school and do some serious weight lifting and on the treadmill, I wake up every single saturday morning feeling like I'm paralized a good bath with some radox should do the trick.

🔥 Latest posts