• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

i broke 80! kinda...

niblick

Jun 13, 2007
Shot 79 at a local par 67 course. Best score there previously was 83, so I was pretty happy with it. My short game bailed me out all day. Birdied a par 3 with a 20 footer, chipped in for a bogey save on the next hole, made an up and down par from a bunker on #11, and hit a pitch to a couple inches for a par save on #12. I tripled the final hole, a simple par 3, or it could have been better.

The coolest part: Saturday was the final day of our handicap season. That 79 cut me to 15.9 - my goal for the year achieved, at the last possible moment! :)

JEFF4i

She lives!
Supporting Member
Jul 3, 2006
79 is 79 any way you look at it. If you think you shot well, thats what matters.

OP
N

niblick

Jun 13, 2007
79 is 79 any way you look at it. If you think you shot well, thats what matters.

That's what felt odd about it. It was a pretty indifferent day in terms of ballstriking. Hit a few really good shots, hit a few really poor ones. What was different was I wasn't worried about it, at all. Confidence with the putter and wedges changes everything for me, it seems.

🔥 Latest posts