• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

I can't get off the teebox

LyleG

gear head
Aug 10, 2006
Country
Canada Canada
I am hitting the best drives of my life recently and its not just the Burner. I have been teeing the ball really low. Like 1/2 inch at the most. I tee the ball so its dead center with the club faced soled and hit it like a 3 wood. This way I can make the same swing with the driver as a fairway wood. The results have been fantastic.

VtDivot

SLIGHTERED
Supporting Member
Apr 16, 2005
It's simply to hinge the wrists so the hands are leading the clubhead and don't break the wrists coming through the ball. I use it for my chip shots then just a longer version of the swing for pitch shots. It's pretty much a fundamental of my short game as I can just open up my stance and the club will natural release itself left without having to use the wrists.

Yup... if it's what I am thinking it's the standard off the back foot chip shot. EZ - do you play this shot back in your stance?

OP
ezra76

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
Yup... if it's what I am thinking it's the standard off the back foot chip shot. EZ - do you play this shot back in your stance?

Depends. I have it little more forward when I open up to cut across and hit it higher. That's the shot I'd refer to as a "semi-flop". Not a flop shot, more of a plop shot. Usually to just throw it up into a slope or over a bunker. But yes, it's just a standard chip motion really. I've just found it's flip proof and almost decel proof to open up and let the club butt release along the body line without really letting it turn over. I got the whole thing from an article with Phil Mickelson in a magazine like 3-4yrs. ago. I couldn't chip for crap and after implementing it and practicing a ton a the little dogtrack I learned on I've gotten pretty good. I think it's the last 4 rounds now with a 2 holed chips for birdies, holed pitch for birdie and holed greenside bunker shot for eagle.
icon10.gif
I was due I guess.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.