• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

I did it!

cwo2lt

Mulligans-R-Us
Nov 6, 2007
I finally broke 100, I shot a 95 yesterday! I worked out some alignment issues and shortened my backswing a bit and was able to keep everything in play. I only lost one ball when I hit a very awkward shot off a piss poor lie. (It went swimmin!)
I had one 3 putt and four 1 putts for a total of 33 putts. I also hit 7 fairways. I do see where I need to work on my game is my middle irons as I only hit 1 green in regulation, which is also the same hole I 3 putted - doh! I did end the day with 3 pars I think.
Now if I can just keep it below the century mark….. lol

Eracer

No more triple bogies!!
Oct 31, 2005
I finally broke 100, I shot a 95 yesterday! I worked out some alignment issues and shortened my backswing a bit and was able to keep everything in play. I only lost one ball when I hit a very awkward shot off a piss poor lie. (It went swimmin!)
I had one 3 putt and four 1 putts for a total of 33 putts. I also hit 7 fairways. I do see where I need to work on my game is my middle irons as I only hit 1 green in regulation, which is also the same hole I 3 putted - doh! I did end the day with 3 pars I think.
Now if I can just keep it below the century mark….. lol
That a good milestone. Congrats.

SiberianDVM

I love Hooters
Jul 25, 2005
Augusta, GA
Country
United States United States
Congrats. My first round of golf 4 years ago was 125, I believe. It took forever to break 100. Keep it up!

loftgolf

noob no more!
Jun 13, 2008
Congratulations, cwo! It's a great feeling to finally break 100! It's even better when you break 90. I know, as I have recently purchased a time machine (on ebay) and went 23 years in to my future and saw how excited I was to break 90:biglol:. Boy am I looking forward to 2031 for that! Imagine, I'll break 90 and will only be 70 years old! Now THAT'S an accomplishment!

DaGris

Bears fan in Georgia
Dec 8, 2007
I have a uncle thats been playing for years and has never broke 100......good job! keep up the hard work!

OP
cwo2lt

cwo2lt

Mulligans-R-Us
Nov 6, 2007
Thanks guys, appreciate the kind words. Loft, when you get a chance go find out when I'll break 90 would ya? lol

DaGris

Bears fan in Georgia
Dec 8, 2007
Thanks guys, appreciate the kind words. Loft, when you get a chance go find out when I'll break 90 would ya? lol
it took me 5 years to break 90,...now I do it all the time:thumbs up:

you'll get there in time...practice, practice, practice!!!!

floggerrushmd

Supporting Member
Jul 11, 2008
congrats on breaking 100 that is a huge milestone. If you want to speed up the process in breaking 90 the easiest way is to focus solely on your game inside of 100 yds. If you can improve your greenside pitching from a 10 ft leave to a 3 ft leave you will increase your one putts by something like 98%. That translates to a ton more par saves and lower scores. Good luck with it and we look forward to hearing that you broke 90 in the near future.

OP
cwo2lt

cwo2lt

Mulligans-R-Us
Nov 6, 2007
congrats on breaking 100 that is a huge milestone. If you want to speed up the process in breaking 90 the easiest way is to focus solely on your game inside of 100 yds. If you can improve your greenside pitching from a 10 ft leave to a 3 ft leave you will increase your one putts by something like 98%. That translates to a ton more par saves and lower scores. Good luck with it and we look forward to hearing that you broke 90 in the near future.

Thanks. My short game really is pretty good, I think I need more work on my middle irons specifically distance control. I hit a number of 6-7-8 irons dead on target but they came up short by 10-15 yds. I did make 4 up-n-down so while there is room for improvement in my short game I think it is the best part of my game right now especially considering my overall skill level.

OP
cwo2lt

cwo2lt

Mulligans-R-Us
Nov 6, 2007
it took me 5 years to break 90,...now I do it all the time:thumbs up:

you'll get there in time...practice, practice, practice!!!!

I've only been playing seriously for a bit over a year and had 15 yrs of bad hacker habits to break! I'm sure I've played more rounds in the last year than I ever played before that. My goal now is to break 90 by next Memorial Day.

MyBluC4

Jan 23, 2008
Great Going! Keep working on the short game and you'll be bustin 95.

mwgolf

Jul 21, 2008
I broke 80 for the first time on my birthday last year and this year on my birthday i broke 70! Lol i cant wait for next year! :)

OP
cwo2lt

cwo2lt

Mulligans-R-Us
Nov 6, 2007
I broke 80 for the first time on my birthday last year and this year on my birthday i broke 70! Lol i cant wait for next year! :)

Dayum! I should be so lucky, congrats!

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.