• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

I don't care how old you are...

Andy_79

Oct 6, 2005
Okay! "Older"???? Late 50's???? Listen up, young man!!! Ain't nuthin' oldER about 50's or 60's. One of these days, if you straighten up and begin respecting us oldER eldERs, you will attain the young ages of "late 50's... maybe over the 60 mark"!!!!!

There is no excuse for not fixing ball marks on the green. But, you need to understand us "oldER men".
  • One out of ten of our shots gets over 6" off the ground. Since we are so "old", our swing speed is about 30 mph with a driver. So, it's only about once a round we get the ball airborn enough to make a pitch mark. We are so proud of the pitch mark... it's sorta like a solid stool at this age... we leave it behind for all you young bucks to admire.
  • Our drives are up there around 125 yards, wind aided. By the time we follow that monster drive with a 3 wood, a 5 iron, a 9 iron, and two pitching wedges... we're finally on the green. The group behind us is so upset that we've taken 17 shots to this par 4, there is no time to fix pitch marks. Do you really want us to get the glasses out of the bag so we can see the pitch mark, get down on our knees to fix it since the back no longer will bend that far, and then need to call over two of our buddies to help us "oldER" people to our feet? Fix the da** pitch mark yourself!
  • At this "oldER" age, our brains are completely full. We, at this age, are so much smarter than you youngsters, we are amazed at our accomplishments. (If you have a couple of hours, we'll even tell you tales on end about those accomplishments!) There is no room left inside our heads to collect new information/data like where a ball hit the green and did it leave a pitch mark. I do well to remember which cart is mine and which ball is mine. Please do not expect me to remember that I left a pitch mark. I just can no longer digest the information. Overload!!! Overload!!!
  • If I did forget to fix a pitch mark, I'm sorry! I apologize. If I exited the cart, walked to the ball on the green, took one look at the hole and sunk the putt on the first try... I may have forgotten to fix the mark. That one mark was no more damaging to the green than the "younger" player who analyzes his putts from all four directions, squats down and precisely lines up his ball's logo with his intended path to the hole, aligns his body with his stroke line, takes two or three practice putts to get a feel for the speed, and sends the putts towards the hole... ALL 4 TIMES ON THE SAME GREEN AND STILL IS THE FURTHEST FROM THE HOLE OF ANY OTHERS IN YOUR GROUP!
Certainly, all the above is meant in fun. As I have indicated in an early post to this thread, I despise those who do not fix their pitch marks... of any age!! Just had to "toy" with the comment about "older" when the old bones feel the rain predicted for tomorrow... when it's almost 10 p.m. and 2 hours past my bedtime... when I have to look forward to an annual physical next week with a prostate exam... and I will still be walking 18 on Saturday and on Sunday, playing a game that makes me feel 10 years younger for a few hours each weekend.

Hahahaha, class !!!

🔥 Latest posts

Members online