• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

I don't care how old you are...

slickpitt

Aug 15, 2006
[rant]

... fix you damn pitch marks!!! Seriously.. I played behind two oldER men the other day. I would say late 50's, MAYbe over the 60 mark. If you can get out and play 18 holes of golf, you can bend your ass over and fix your pitch mark. So don't give me this shit about your back hurting. I bet I fixed 20 marks behind them, and I know it was them cause they were all fresh. You would think being a private course people would realize they have a vested interest in keeping it nice. Now granted, dues are only $200 a month, so it's not like it's some over-the-top nice country club or anything, but still! Take care of my course!!!!

[/rant]

Eracer

No more triple bogies!!
Oct 31, 2005
No kidding.

I played a nice course today, one that just spent big bucks replacing all their greens with new paspallum. Beautiful grass.

Unrepaired ballmarks EVERYWHERE.

Assclowns !!!!!

twofast2s

Dec 30, 2006
yeah it bugs me when people don't fix their pitch marks. i always carry divot tool w/ me so i try to fix mine at least.

it sucks when you're lined up for a putt and see a pitch mark in my line and i have to ask my playing partner if i can move my ball so my line doesn't go over the mark. longer time to finish my round.

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
I didn't have to worry about it yesterday. Only hit one green with a 25-30 yd. flop over a bunker.

Mr 3 Wiggle

Oct 21, 2008
it sucks when you're lined up for a putt and see a pitch mark in my line and i have to ask my playing partner if i can move my ball so my line doesn't go over the mark. longer time to finish my round.

Hope you're not turning your scorecards in when you do that.

JEFF4i

She lives!
Supporting Member
Jul 3, 2006
Honestly... I really felt like going up there, handing them a repair tool, and walking away :p

But then you'd have been out a couple of bucks.

But then I'm known for being cheap, so I wouldn't do it anyway.

Scotty01292

Mmmmmmmm..... Cake.......
Oct 16, 2005

You're allowed to fix pitchmarks but not spike marks, no? On the green anyway... :confused:

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
United States United States
I ALWAYS try to fix one other, besides mine, on each green. Just got in the habit some years ago. Used to play a rather exclusive, high end course a lot. Seemed those who paid the big bucks, thought their green fees relieved them from having to fix pitch marks. Would always find additional marks to repair.

My favorite expression is "Wow! I hit that ball so well it left 3 pitch marks in the green!"

🔥 Latest posts