• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

I don't know how to feel right now...

Scotty01292

Mmmmmmmm..... Cake.......
Oct 16, 2005
I just went out for a round today, on my local course. Played amazing. Long, straight drives, excellent chipping, great irons etc.

PUTTING WAS AWFUL!!! I missed about 15 putts of 5 feet or less. Long putts weren't that bad but I kept leaving myself that tricky length of putt. Could NOT hole a putt.

Anyway, I played to handicap, but would have played to so much below handicap if I could putt. I'm not sure whether to be pleased about my game or annoyed about my putting. Anyone else had similar experiences?

Pa Jayhawk

Nov 15, 2005
Country
United States United States
Scotty01292 said:
Anyone else had similar experiences?
This is the story of my life right now. I am playing better golf than ever before, but my putting is costing me dearly. Putting has always been my strong point. Not sure where you live, but I have only played on one course so far that has a true roll on the greens. Most of the course still have airation holes that haven't recovered from the winter. I blame part of my woes on this, but the putter just does not feel right. I went to replace my putter this week, for the first time since I started 5 years ago and found that my current putter feels as well as all that I tried with exception to maybe one. So right now I simply blame the fact that it is early in the year and hope it comes around. I did do some weight adjustments and put on a new grip which is the same as the original. I can only say from my experience that if you have golf seasons and do not play year round due to weather, give it some time and blame the greens. It snowed up here today, and most of the snow is now gone, so hopefully I will be able to test out my putter tommorrow on the course. :)

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
What?? You hit great drives and followed them up with GIR's and expected not to sacrifice at least putting? :) It's kind of like when you first build a player on the EA sports Tiger Woods game. Great drives and approaches leaves nothing to add for putting.

Matthew_22

Mar 31, 2006
I would definitely be pleased with that game.

Sure, your final score didn't show it, but you obviously played very well. And at least it was just your putting that let you down.

I wouldn't be very happy if it was all my different shots letting me down. I hate those days.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.