• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

I feel AWESOME!!!

Bravo

Aug 27, 2004
As most of you know, my youngest daughter is Autistic. She takes two meds daily for this...one of them is good old fashioned Ritalin which really helps her focus and concentrate in school and keeps her behavior in line at the same time (to some extent at least...).

I get her up every morning by going to the kitchen first and getting her tablets out and then taking a glass of water to her bed. She wakes up to the meds and water and down they go. As you can imagine, about 20 minutes later, it kicks in and she is usually good about getting ready to go to school...

I also take meds for blood pressure and have been doing so for over 20 years....every morning.

So this morning, I drag out of bed and open up her meds and put them in my hand. (Ive been up for about 3 minutes).

Before I know it - they go down the hatch and I chase it with water. I've taken her Ritalin!

Well I feel INCREDIBLE!!! TOP O' THE MORNIN' TO YOU EVERYBODY!!....

Like so many people, I took 'uppers' in college to cram for exams and forgot what it felt like.

Coooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool.................dude.

mont86

Supporting Member
Nov 5, 2005
How many did you take this morning?...:D. Happy to hear things are going well..

OP
Bravo

Bravo

Aug 27, 2004
How many did you take this morning?...:D. Happy to hear things are going well..

20MG of Adderall (time release version of Ritalin).

I'll be peppy and ready to go all day!!

VtDivot

SLIGHTERED
Supporting Member
Apr 16, 2005
Nice - my wife had to call the cops the other day for some forged Ritalin scripts... she says it's prob the prescription drug she sees people trying to scam the most, along with oxycontin of course.

JEFF4i

She lives!
Supporting Member
Jul 3, 2006
I keep trying to get some off my friend to sell, who is ADHD, so I can buy myself more clubs.

OP
Bravo

Bravo

Aug 27, 2004
Nice - my wife had to call the cops the other day for some forged Ritalin scripts... she says it's prob the prescription drug she sees people trying to scam the most, along with oxycontin of course.

Yes it is widely abused...at our drugstore they are very tight about it...

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
I feel AWESOME!!!<!-- google_ad_section_end -->
<HR SIZE=1>
<!-- google_ad_section_start -->As most of you know, my youngest daughter is Autistic. She takes two meds daily for this...one of them is good old fashioned Ritalin which really helps her focus and concentrate in school and keeps her behavior in line at the same time (to some extent at least...).

I get her up every morning by going to the kitchen first and getting her tablets out and then taking a glass of water to her bed. She wakes up to the meds and water and down they go. As you can imagine, about 20 minutes later, it kicks in and she is usually good about getting ready to go to school...

I also take meds for blood pressure and have been doing so for over 20 years....every morning.

So this morning, I drag out of bed and open up her meds and put them in my hand. (Ive been up for about 3 minutes).

Before I know it - they go down the hatch and I chase it with water. I've taken her Ritalin!

Well I feel INCREDIBLE!!! TOP O' THE MORNIN' TO YOU EVERYBODY!!....

Like so many people, I took 'uppers' in college to cram for exams and forgot what it felt like.

Coooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool................. dude.

Bravo

FUNNY! (I could see me doing that). Maybe they'd be good after a bad round!! :laugh:

OP
Bravo

Bravo

Aug 27, 2004
FUNNY! (I could see me doing that). Maybe they'd be good after a bad round!! :laugh:

Well frankly, my whole body feels a little wired up...kind of like I put my finger in an electrical socket.

Probably wouldn't be too good for the putting stroke right now...

mont86

Supporting Member
Nov 5, 2005
Well frankly, my whole body feels a little wired up...kind of like I put my finger in an electrical socket.

Probably wouldn't be too good for the putting stroke right now...

Ya but it couldn't hurt the disposition.

spankdoggie

Sep 2, 2006
I think it is sad that children are being given Ritalin for any reason. :(

I know autistic children are tough to deal with, and I have heard the horror stories about how some autistics will crap their pants and smear it on the walls of their bedroom, and stuff like that...

But I would certainly never advocate drugs for normal kids that are just being kids.

Just my opinion (and it is better than yours if you disagree),

spank

VtDivot

SLIGHTERED
Supporting Member
Apr 16, 2005
I think it is sad that children are being given Ritalin for any reason. :(

I know autistic children are tough to deal with, and I have heard the horror stories about how some autistics will crap their pants and smear it on the walls of their bedroom, and stuff like that...

But I would certainly never advocate drugs for normal kids that are just being kids.

Just my opinion (and it is better than yours if you disagree),

spank

Who do you think you are Tom Cruise ;)

Dorkman53

May 17, 2005
When my kids were preschool age (back when dinosaurs ruled the earth) we went to a restaurant. My wife and I both ordered Virgin Pina Coladas. Somehow mine didn't taste quite the same as usual. I thought maybe the pineapples were past their prime. My daughter was about 3 then, and she usually wanted a sip or two from my wife's or my non-alcoholic drink. She had a few sips. I commented to my wife that mine tasted a bit off, and tried hers to see if it was the same. Immediately I could tell what was going on. Mine was not "virgin" though my wife's was. I guess I contributed to the delinquency of a minor by letting my 3 year old sip booze, but we all survived to fight another day.

OP
Bravo

Bravo

Aug 27, 2004
Sometimes our Autistic one goes completely wild...its not a lot of fun I can tell you.

For parents of Autistic children:

1) The divorce rate is 80%.
2) The alcohol and drug abuse rate is 3 times the national average.

It's a Ball and Chain...and it keeps going and going and going.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.