• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

I figured it out!!!

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
The end of this summer I had three weeks of some of the worst golf I've played in years after some of the best I've ever played. Then at the very end I got back to playing good again. It was very disturbing while it was going on and it seemed in the past a bad shot would not be a big deal, I'd just go on but during that stretch a bad shot would just infuriate me and my game would just unravel.:confused:

Sitting back and thinking about it all I figured it out. I WAS QUITTING SMOKING DURING THE BAD STRETCH. When I hit a bad shot I didn't have the nicotine to calm me down. After I got over it the bad shots did not bother me as much and I went back to doing well.:)

It feels so much better when you understand WHY something like that happens. I'm now looking forward to a smoke free year of golfing in six months.

DaveE

The golfer fka ST Champ
Aug 31, 2004
That does make sense. Quitting smoking will screw you up for awhile.

Don't know what you'll use for an excuse next year though. :p

twogreen

Aug 7, 2006
I understand your misery perfectly. I am also trying to quit; and am using Nicorette gum as a crutch. Parking the gum inside the cheek has now become a part of my preshot routine.

Somehow, it has become ingrained in my mind that the gum should be on the left side of my mouth. I have actually hit bad shots when I realize, at the last moment, that the gum is on the wrong side. Just something that simple is enough to disrupt my concentration on shot thoughts. :(

JEFF4i

She lives!
Supporting Member
Jul 3, 2006
Well at least there's a reason that can be solved.

It's good your quitting though, that stuff messes you up.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.