• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

I finally did it.

NBGolfer

Dec 1, 2005
I don’t consider myself a hacker, but I don’t consider myself a real top notch golfer either so this was a big day for me. I finally shot under par, a 2 under 68. I have been a member for a few years now and finally overcame the mind game to finish a round strong and pull it off. I shot a personal best last week of a 70 (par), and finally got the monkey off my back. Previously I have had a bunch of 72's etc...

OP
NBGolfer

NBGolfer

Dec 1, 2005
I would from time to time find myself a few under after 12 holes and have a hard time closing out the round. But this year I took it upon myself to tyr and get in a pressure situations to try and work it out. I played in every match play event I could and in the end I think that helped out in dealing with the pressure of trying to close out a round.

TheTrueReview

"Playing it straight"
Supporting Member
Jan 8, 2009
Country
Australia Australia
Congrats NBGolfer. Like Lefty said, you sound like a fairly handy golfer. Great story. :thumbs up:

halifax_golfer

Jun 26, 2006
Sweet!. Nice Job. Wish I could do that!.

I'm actually living in Memramcook right now. What course do you play at?.

OP
NBGolfer

NBGolfer

Dec 1, 2005
I'm actually living in Memramcook right now. What course do you play at?.

I play out of Fredericton Golf Club.

Yeah it has been a few years in the making, and hopefully not the last time I see that side of par.

kasch

Apr 23, 2009
I know what you mean about being under par through 12/13/14 holes and struggling to keep it there on the way home. I've been fortunate enough to have quite a few rounds in the red, but the problem that plagues me no end is a few bogeys coming home to ruin a good score.

Today i played a round with my golf coach from the plates at my home course (liverpool GC in sydney, par 72 6500m or so). Stood on the 13th tee (par 5) at +1, flushed a 3w off the tee, hit 3wood lay up, bump and run to a foot and made my 4. Next hole short par 3 (about 150m), hit a soft draw 8iron pin high about 20 feet left and rolled in the up hiller for a bird.

Then, 15 and 16. Two blocked drives, two bogeys. Back to where i started. Birdied the par5 17th and parred the 18th (180m par 3 with water short long and right) to finish with a 72.

Leaves you to ponder what could have been, but i guess thats why we keep going back to play again.

Keep it up mate, -2 is a very handy score and here's hoping for many more.

fisher

Nov 16, 2008
Furthest I have been even par is thru 14 holes. I've never held it together the rest of the way. Each year I get a little closer. Hopefully some day soon I can join you in the under par realm. The putter kills me every time I get close. Great accomplishment!

VtDivot

SLIGHTERED
Supporting Member
Apr 16, 2005
That's awesome. I hope to one day break par. I have been close on several occaisions, including a 73 this year on my birthday lol.

I was -1 once on the 16th tee and finished 4 over :(

You're feat is very impressive - hats off to you sir!

OP
NBGolfer

NBGolfer

Dec 1, 2005
Furthest I have been even par is thru 14 holes. I've never held it together the rest of the way. Each year I get a little closer. Hopefully some day soon I can join you in the under par realm. The putter kills me every time I get close. Great accomplishment!

Thanks
That was the same situation for me. Before two weeks ago I didn't make it past 13 so your 1 hole up on me. Just couldn't close it out... it was 3 serious years in the making for me really. I just kept getting closer and closer and I fianlly got there. Keep pushing forward and you will ge there.

gpo

Jun 2, 2008
Congrats Man. It only took me 29 years of play for me to do it last year. Of course I started when I was 7. Mine was pretty dramatic as I drained a 45 footer on 18 for birdie.

🔥 Latest posts