• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

I finally did it!

SiberianDVM

I love Hooters
Jul 25, 2005
Augusta, GA
Country
United States United States
No not a hole in one. I almost hit myself in the nuts with a golf ball. :)

Played 9 last evening. Man it was hot & humid and the gnats were awful. I was driving well though, except for #4 where a slight fade off the tee put me behind some large pine trees. No problem, done this a million times. 150 uphill, just need to get by this one tree 20 feet in front of me. 7 iron, easy swing.

Swing, click, WHAP!, Oh Crap! Beautiful shot hit that pine dead center and came flying right back at me. Now I know how squirrels in the road feel when a SUV is coming straight at them. Move left!, no right!, no left!. Too late. Missed me by that much.

Worse part was I had the same friggin shot all over again.

ualtim

Carrollton, TX
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2005
Country
"Fore"

"I should have yelled two" :D

chollyred

Mar 9, 2006
Been there! I had a ball land behind a huge old oak tree. I thought to myself "Self? You can just edge around this tree and have a good shot at the green." Only I never saw a 3 foot tall sapling between me and the oak. Hit that sucker dead on. The ball came back like fired from a slingshot. I was definitely doing the Maxwell Smart routine. I thought we were going to have to call and ambulance for my partner, he was laughing so hard.

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
Was golfing years ago with a REAL hacker! He did not have a legitimate problem in front of him (tree etc) like you guys. He was on the tee. There was a ball washer 20 yards up way on the left. He hit this low liner that hit the washer square, "loaded up" the washer "shaft" and sent that puppy flying back past our ears 50 yards (probably doing 300 mph)! We were rolling on the ground laughing. didn't mean to embarass the poor guy like that but sight gags are what I live for!!!

:biglol:

mont86

Supporting Member
Nov 5, 2005
Doc you'd better pack Chico and the boys in bubble wrap next time.
LOL

Davebud

Crackhead Zebra
Oct 31, 2005
I think that golf ball manufacturers put tree magnets in the balls they ship out to hackers, this would go a long ways towards explaining some of my shots.:)

obagain

Used club guru
Mar 29, 2005
Playing a couple of weeks ago and the guy I was with was having a hard day.
He hits a good shot and it clears the pond and he is in the fairway, 120 out.
I go up and tell him good shot, I thought you might put one in the water.
He hit a low shank, off the tire of the golf cart, over our heads, and plop, right in the water.

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
I am just starting to get over nailing myself last year. You will probably be a bit tenative about hitting full swing shots from the treeline for a while.

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
I usually am "sucked" into the trees but Thursday I could do no wrong. Really crushed one right down the left side of the fairway (actually was a dogleg left) and toward a whole bunch of huge trees. It went right into the tops of those trees and I knew I'd have to punch it out. When I got up there it made it through the trees and was in front of the green on the dogleg. I chipped on and made a par (two putted the dang thing). Still can't figure how it got through.

JEFF4i

She lives!
Supporting Member
Jul 3, 2006
So I was out with my high school team and walked about twenty yards ahead, and on the other side of the fairway of a teammate while we waited. Now, this was his first year playing, and the poor lad shanked one dead left and whack, hit my right in the gut. Didn't hurt that much after the stinging left, but I couldn't stop laughing. He felt terrible though, but I just told him that at least now he's hit someone, and be glad it was me.

Another time I was teeing off #1 in the last day of the state tournament, a partner of mine was so nervous, he hit a worm burner, hit the front tee box, it came flying back at us, almost hit us, and he ended up on the green behind the tee box. I couldn't help but laugh, because I know how it feels with the nerves. I literally shattered a tee marker once.

Lastly I hit a beautiful drive cutting off a corner, but, unlucky me I catch a tree with my slight draw, and it stays in the tree, and out of arms reach. I could see it though...stupid tree.

Adam Pettman

Nov 3, 2005
I was playing at Top Golf and nearly got a serious headache when a guy hit a driver and tottaly messed it up hitting the barrier next to him sending the ball up where it bounces of the ceiling and shoots straight past my ear bouncing underneath my head and narrowly missing my other ear. The funniest thing was the golfers face when I looked up he was pretending it wasnt him even though everyone was looking at him.

Davebud

Crackhead Zebra
Oct 31, 2005
JEFF4i said:
So I was out with my high school team and walked about twenty yards ahead, and on the other side of the fairway of a teammate while we waited. Now, this was his first year playing, and the poor lad shanked one dead left and whack, hit my right in the gut. Didn't hurt that much after the stinging left, but I couldn't stop laughing. He felt terrible though, but I just told him that at least now he's hit someone, and be glad it was me.

Another time I was teeing off #1 in the last day of the state tournament, a partner of mine was so nervous, he hit a worm burner, hit the front tee box, it came flying back at us, almost hit us, and he ended up on the green behind the tee box. I couldn't help but laugh, because I know how it feels with the nerves. I literally shattered a tee marker once.

Lastly I hit a beautiful drive cutting off a corner, but, unlucky me I catch a tree with my slight draw, and it stays in the tree, and out of arms reach. I could see it though...stupid tree.

I have a ball in one of the trees behind my house, just can't bring myself to drag the extension ladder out there to pull it out, put it up there with my GW.:)

🔥 Latest posts