• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

I found someone to hate in replace of Johny Miller....

Bravo

Aug 27, 2004
Rock:

Maybe I should write a note to the USGA and copy/paste your message.

Whadaya think?

OP
Rockford35

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
Bravo said:
Rock:

Maybe I should write a note to the USGA and copy/paste your message.

Whadaya think?

That would be sweet.

If they answer it, I'd be fuming.

Go for it. Call it an experiment. :)

R35

Bravo

Aug 27, 2004
rockford35 said:
That would be sweet.

If they answer it, I'd be fuming.

Go for it. Call it an experiment. :)

R35

OK - I'll get on it tomorrow....This should be interesting - especially if he sees the text is identical to what you sent...

OP
Rockford35

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
I have no clue why this would be.

I mean, I asked a question about a USGA regulated event. Not one outside the US. The fact that I live 2 hours from the international border should have no bearing on whether or not the question can be answered, albeit with a disclaimer explaination accompanying it.

Don't you think?

R35

DaveE

The golfer fka ST Champ
Aug 31, 2004
rockford35 said:
I have no clue why this would be.

I mean, I asked a question about a USGA regulated event. Not one outside the US. The fact that I live 2 hours from the international border should have no bearing on whether or not the question can be answered, albeit with a disclaimer explaination accompanying it.

Don't you think?

R35

I have a feeling if I sent a question to the R&A I would get an answer like you did.

Stupid yes, but if they have this as a formal arrangement, they're not likely to bend the rules for some goatee wearing Canuck from Regina. :p

Even if he does play Mizunos.

Bravo

Aug 27, 2004
It does seem a little odd but the wording makes it clear that, "we are unable to answer questions that are posed from outside this jurisdiction".

Isn't it interesting that they call it a "jurisdiction" when there are no laws in play here?

From what I have been told, the ROG over the past 50+ years, have been written largely by lawyers who are associated with the USGA and R&A respectively. Therefore, they take a "legal perspective" when writing this stuff. And I can only imagine the discussions they had when arguing over who would "call the shots" in which part of the world.

FWIW - the email went out today.

You know it might be interesting for you to copy and paste the text and send it along to the R & A (they will see your Canadian address etc).

We can then compare notes to see if they interpreted the rule the same way...

OP
Rockford35

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
My interpretation is that all people outside the US are idiots, and they get alot of e-mails from jerks like me. So, this is like passing the buck. ;)

That's what I think.....stupid jurisdiction BS garbage.... :p

R35

DaveE

The golfer fka ST Champ
Aug 31, 2004
rockford35 said:
My interpretation is that all people outside the US are idiots, and they get alot of e-mails from jerks like me. So, this is like passing the buck. ;)

That's what I think.....stupid jurisdiction BS garbage.... :p

R35

Sounds like you have a perfect understanding of it. :usflag:

🔥 Latest posts