• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

I Got Downsized

ClairefromClare

Like my balls?
Jul 23, 2008
And if your relatives died in accidents or you simply haven't had any contact with them in 40 years & for all you know they may be dead...well then what?

Go with the actuarial charts. The longer you live, the longer you're likely to live. My family traditionally checks out at 86, and that's the folks who smoked unfiltered cigarettes for decades. I figure I'll be around forever.

JEFF4i

She lives!
Supporting Member
Jul 3, 2006
Go with the actuarial charts. The longer you live, the longer you're likely to live. My family traditionally checks out at 86, and that's the folks who smoked unfiltered cigarettes for decades. I figure I'll be around forever.

Quality, not always quantity.

I've met a rich man who lived a long life that I did not envy. I've met a poor man who died of cancer relatively young, who despite it all, I envied.

ClairefromClare

Like my balls?
Jul 23, 2008
Quality, not always quantity.

I've met a rich man who lived a long life that I did not envy. I've met a poor man who died of cancer relatively young, who despite it all, I envied.

Yes, but the longer I hang on, the more I can make other people miserable! atbn3_google_com_images_c2f844dae17bfc2641ba3487c71cf580._.jpg

JEFF4i

She lives!
Supporting Member
Jul 3, 2006
Yes, but the longer I hang on, the more I can make other people miserable! atbn3_google_com_images_c2f844dae17bfc2641ba3487c71cf580._.jpg

:biglol:

You're adorable Claire. Bear in mind, I'm also young and while I've had my run ins with my own mortality, it isn't as big of issue as it will be as I grow older.

goatster

SUPER SOAKER
Feb 20, 2005
sad to here wbl. nut glad to here things are going to work out for you.now with all that time on your hands you can work on getting down to scratch.:p

OP
warbirdlover

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
Family history is a good place to start. According to the actuarial tables, a 62 year old male has an average life expectancy of 18.91 years. Look at how long your immediate ancestors lived, and adjust up or down.

ClairefromClare

In that case I'm cashing it all and going on a giant binge!! :D

My parents died in their 60's... Mom from cancer not found early (she wouldn't go to the doctor) and dad from not following his diet after bypass surgery and having a stroke.

Things don't look good... :(

Wait!! My grandfather (mother's side) live well into his 80's though and was active and healthy. He died the way I want to. Had a massive heart attack and keeled over at the supper table. Never knew what hit him.

mddubya

Hybrid convert
Nov 6, 2007
Hey Jerry, here are words to live by in your retirement years.

remember:

'Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways -- Whiskey in one hand, cigar in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO, that was a helluva Ride!'

🔥 Latest posts