• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

I got some neat golf stuff today

Slingblade61

Supporting Member
Aug 26, 2004
I had to go to best buy to pick up a wireless network card today.

I thought the place opened at 10:00 but being the backwards organization that they are, I found I had to kill an hour so I moved up the lot to Dick's Sporting goods.

I wandered around there for about 20 minutes, I selected my new bag....gonna pick it up next week when I have some spare cash. I put my hands on the Callaway 545 .....I just waggled this one along with the R7.....no one was around to let me into the net room.

On my way out I spied a cheesy 8ft. putting mat with 2 cups built into it....I grabbed that for $12....cheap, I know but it works well in the basement.

I still had time to kill so I went to Borders bookstore and peruse the golf books....one book in particular caught my eye. I looked through it, put it down. Came back to it a few minutes later...looked at it some more and put it down again then went to the other side of the self and actually looked at a book on professional wrestling....I could not resist any longer and went back for the golf book and bought it.

Breaking 100, 90, 80 by golf digest.....loads of great tips and drills with tons of pictures, sort of a coffe table affair. So far I like the "chipping into an upside down umbrella" drill the best.

OK, so now 11:00 rolls around, I get my card and proceed to my friends house to set up his wireless network.

He has a "net" in his basement and he is a club ho, I hit all kinds of stuff. mostly wishon 7 irons. He has this Bang 5 wood that I take a fancy to. so I set up the network and he gives me the 5 wood (brand new).

Todays golf haul;

The putting mat, the book and a rightous 5 wood.

Later this week the new bag and if the weekend works out it will either be a round of golf of a trip to the golfsmith store (depends on the weather).

Bravo

Aug 27, 2004
I just love getting a bunch of new goodies...either tech or golf...

OP
Slingblade61

Slingblade61

Supporting Member
Aug 26, 2004
Oh, my friend, he can't make up his mind to save his life, so what does he do?

He bought 4 different Wishon 7 irons, all shafted and gripped the same. 2 in particular were sweet, the forged one and a cavity back that was featured in a recent golf digest, "the best irons you never heard of".

I undrestand the wishon shafts he used are royal precision.

So after all that he's getting the wishon shafts to put in his old Ping eye 2's. :)

OP
Slingblade61

Slingblade61

Supporting Member
Aug 26, 2004
It FELT great!

Hitting it 6 feet into a net is a letdown though.

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
Hey, curb the enthusiasm. This is all i have till the end of April! ;)

R35

OP
Slingblade61

Slingblade61

Supporting Member
Aug 26, 2004
I hit these in a 7 iron....the first one and the fourth one were the best.
550c-5_big.jpg
752_big.jpg
770_9i.jpg
991_big.jpg

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
Nice.

I remember reading that article about the best irons you've never heard of. That sorta set me out on the Wishon kick. But there's no one here that would stock them....

I'd like to get a forged Wishon head, knock it around and see what they're like. I've hear nothing but good things, including that many players think they are the best forged irons ever made.

Pretty bold statement....

R35

OP
Slingblade61

Slingblade61

Supporting Member
Aug 26, 2004
stock them?

Buy the parts from wishon. The forged heads are $30 each, shafts and grips are cheap...you should be able to put one together for $50 something, Canadian.

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
Maybe I will. I'll make it a spring hobby project.

I'd also like to get some Grafalloy shafts for my fairway woods...

R35

🔥 Latest posts