• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

I had an itch....

FATC1TY

Taylormade Ho' Magnet
May 29, 2008
So I got it SCRATCH'd!

Got me some Satin Scratch SB-1 blades.

3-PW; KBS Tour shafts all spined and set up. D/S grind w/ killed leading edge, 2* upright, standard length and topped off with new white/black MCC's.

They are around 1/4" shorter than my smoke MB's, but are the same club wise in distance.

Beautiful clubs. The weight is perfect, and the soles are nice and thin, the grind is amazing, and they are SOFT as hell. Feel really, really nice and smooth, set up to the ball nicely.

The lack of offset is nice to my eye, the thin top line as well. They do look somewhat "smaller" to my eye compared to my other clubs, but maybe it's just a trick.

Here's some pic of them.

ai301.photobucket.com_albums_nn43_FATC1TY_IMG_1916.jpg

ai301.photobucket.com_albums_nn43_FATC1TY_IMG_1914.jpg

Here are some pics of them compared to the TM Smoke MB TP's.

ai301.photobucket.com_albums_nn43_FATC1TY_IMG_1908.jpg

ai301.photobucket.com_albums_nn43_FATC1TY_IMG_1910.jpg

ai301.photobucket.com_albums_nn43_FATC1TY_IMG_1912.jpg

ai301.photobucket.com_albums_nn43_FATC1TY_IMG_1906.jpg

Here's the MB, framing a ball... (Yes, thats the new Penta TP)
ai301.photobucket.com_albums_nn43_FATC1TY_IMG_1907.jpg

Here is the SB-1 framing a Penta TP

ai301.photobucket.com_albums_nn43_FATC1TY_IMG_1901.jpg

ai301.photobucket.com_albums_nn43_FATC1TY_IMG_1903.jpg

Good Job, TM! Great packaging, looks really cool, can't wait to take 'em out tomorrow and give them a full review.

OP
FATC1TY

FATC1TY

Taylormade Ho' Magnet
May 29, 2008
You're tellin' me.. They are some of the smoothest irons I've ever had.. I thought( and still do) that the smoke MB's were awesome..

But these Scratch irons are outstanding quality, and something you don't see alot of around here atleast.

I wish I had gone with the KBS shafts sooner.. My PX feel so harsh compared to them.

SilverUberXeno

El Tigre Blanco
Jul 26, 2005
I like the smoke MBs better, but you have completed another incredible looking bag. Wait 'til I get my 57's and we'll see where the bear shits in the buckwheat...

OP
FATC1TY

FATC1TY

Taylormade Ho' Magnet
May 29, 2008
I like the smoke MB's still SUX's... The SB-1's are just something to change it up. They aren't something you see strolling around the course. Infact, I've never seen any Scratch stuff, and it's good stuff all the way around, even if it is pricey for some stuff.

I love my TM wedges though, but seriously contemplating going to their 8620 wedges.. I had ordered 3 wedges, stamped and bent and all that jazz, and decided to cancel and just wait until I needed them. My wedges have another 1/2 season easy on them.. or more.

BStone

PGA Class A Professional
Supporting Member
Jan 18, 2006
Country
United States United States
You should like the Penta, I was very impressed with the overall performance of that ball. Enough to have it knock the ProV1x out of the bag for the forseeable future.

xamilo

Right Curving Driver....
Supporting Member
Dec 22, 2007
I think most new golf equipment attention is centered just on a ball. It seems finally a ball is going to end the Pro-V legacy. I haven't heard one person criticize the TM ball, and so many have swithced already its even scary...

OP
FATC1TY

FATC1TY

Taylormade Ho' Magnet
May 29, 2008
Yeah, I'm afraid I'm going to like it. Putting with it in the house, it feels really nice.

I want to get out there tomorrow and pound a few with these irons and give it a good run with the driver and wedges.

I just hate the price, and think I've gotten used to the $30 range with the TM Red and the Callaway iX. I hate the price point on these, but if they really do excel above, then hell, who am I to argue.

I'm curious how the new Callaway balls will be.. Makes me wonder if Titleist will follow suit with a change like the other big guys have done.. TM is taking a massive step into the high end ball market, even more so than they did with the TM Red and the even crazier pricing they did.

OP
FATC1TY

FATC1TY

Taylormade Ho' Magnet
May 29, 2008
Yeah, there are 15 clubs in there, because I tossed in my other wedge to practice with, and tossed the 3 iron in there that I normally don't carry unless I need it for certain courses. Generally run 4-PW.

BrandonM7

Nov 23, 2007
That's awesome. The satin finish almost looks like it was done by hand, which is very cool if true.

Although from the same area, we obviously play very different kinds of courses - there's no way those TM clubs would still look that good if you were stuck on the turdly course I find myself on most days.

IrishGolfer

Fac ut gaudeam
Supporting Member
Sep 1, 2004
Sexy bag there Fats. 2 questions?

How much for the irons? Don't be shy!
What price is the Penta going for? I heard it woul dbe similar to the existing TM line up, no?

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.