• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

I had my first head fly off.

gunning4u

Dec 31, 2006
I was at the range yesterday and pulled out my 3 wood. My first swing didn't go so good It was one of those WTF was that shots. On my next practice swing the head flew off. I have a bunch of epoxy still in the head and thats no problem I can get that out but what is the best way to clean off the shaft tip without wreaking it, I have a bunch of epoxy on it. This 3 Wood was my first graphite shaft install and I used quick set I got at a hardware store not the best stuff. Also I have been leaving my clubs in my trunk and its been in the mid 80's low 90's and it might have caused the epoxy to fail.

JEFF4i

She lives!
Supporting Member
Jul 3, 2006
Now now now, don't lose your head over this!

:biglol:

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
As to epoxy in the tip. I've got a sharp little steel tool, not sure what it really is, a punch of some sort. I use that to get epoxy out. If it's really tough I use a drill bit but not in a drill, by hand. Unfortunately if it's way up in there I usually have to cut the grip and drop it out the butt end after breaking it loose.

JEFF4i

She lives!
Supporting Member
Jul 3, 2006
As to epoxy in the tip. I've got a sharp little steel tool, not sure what it really is, a punch of some sort. I use that to get epoxy out. If it's really tough I use a drill bit but not in a drill, by hand. Unfortunately if it's way up in there I usually have to cut the grip and drop it out the butt end after breaking it loose.

There is loose epoxy in that FT-i. Douchebag. :D

Other than that, I still thank you. This thing is incredible, still.

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
There is loose epoxy in that FT-i. Douchebag. :D

Other than that, I still thank you. This thing is incredible, still.

I didn't shaft that one, douchebag. It was a professional job, lol. Gotta love f-ing Golfer's Warehouse... ironically they also shafted up my first flying head... I did the second but that was due to a tip issue in an Epic.

Got gas? Heat the bottom of the club up and smack it into an oven mitt. Rattle cured.

JEFF4i

She lives!
Supporting Member
Jul 3, 2006
I didn't shaft that one, douchebag. It was a professional job, lol. Gotta love f-ing Golfer's Warehouse... ironically they also shafted up my first flying head... I did the second but that was due to a tip issue in an Epic.

Got gas? Heat the bottom of the club up and smack it into an oven mitt. Rattle cured.

Cured itself, when I had it regripped got it out the top. :D

Still though, I can't thank you enough for this great pickup.

Back on topic: Use good quality epoxy.

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
Still though, I can't thank you enough for this great pickup.

Back on topic: Use good quality epoxy.

Don't rub it in. You know he's writing your name on a To Kill list shortly before rubbing lipstick all over his face...:D

R35

JEFF4i

She lives!
Supporting Member
Jul 3, 2006
Don't rub it in. You know he's writing your name on a To Kill list shortly before rubbing lipstick all over his face...:D

R35

See, now here's the thing. THat makes me think Joker.

Which makes me think Heath Ledger.

Which makes me think Brokeback mountain.

Which makes me think Ezra's knowing my address is a bad bad bad idea.

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada

HL is dead. Coincidence? i don't think so...

R35

King Par

Supporting Member
Apr 15, 2007
I shafted up my own irons, wedges and driver. No flying heads thankfully. I use the epoxy from Golfsmith.

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
I shafted up my own irons, wedges and driver. No flying heads thankfully. I use the epoxy from Golfsmith.

This is why you win and Gunning loses. :D

No biggie, live and learn. :)

I'm hearing Oscar talk for Ledger as Joker. I won't see it in the theatre, as I refuse to go anymore, but i am looking forward to it, even if the first movie was 60/40.

R35

JEFF4i

She lives!
Supporting Member
Jul 3, 2006
This is why you win and Gunning loses. :D

No biggie, live and learn. :)

I'm hearing Oscar talk for Ledger as Joker. I won't see it in the theatre, as I refuse to go anymore, but i am looking forward to it, even if the first movie was 60/40.

R35

I'm going midnight release.

How much is Golfsmith epoxy?

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006

R35

Nah, lipstick is for the Callway guys... after all, you have to have tits to play one, right?

Still got it on Paypal... twice even.

Glad you can use it though. I got a few swings with it and it was obvious, too low a launch with too little spin. Goes to show what a shaft swap and 1* loft drop can do. I hit the 9.5* with the 686 a mile high, all carry. Just couldn't control the damn thing, straight my arse, straight into a GD lake.
icon10.gif

🔥 Latest posts