• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

I hate a man that talks rude.

MIKE1218

Top Bloke
Dec 21, 2006
Won't tolerate it.

I took my cousin out for a round today; we encountered the biggest jerkoff I have ever seen on a golf course.

On the second tee (a par 3), two groups are already waiting when we walk up. The first group is composed of two guys and their young (8-10 y.o.) sons. None are skilled enough to be on any course with a par greater than 27, imo. The next group is what I can only describe as a portly country gentleman and his lovely wife, who waved us through immediately, recognizing that we were faster.

The first group is ungodly slow, with nobody in front of them. We approach the third tee and I am about to ask if we can play through (they haven't hit yet, and there is nobody else on the hole, a medium length par 4), when the leader approaches me and says, "If y'all think yer playin thru you got another thing comin. We're already waiting on a coupla old biddies, they're slowin us down enough without waitin fer you to get out of our way too." I cocked my head and replied, "Nobody else is on this hole to slow you down. We'll be out of your way quickly if you would like to let us go through." During this exchange, the other guy has duffed two into the pond and slammed his club. His kid then duffs two into the pond as well. "You ain't playin thru us, got it? Besides, we're faster than you anyway. I was watchin that kid on the last hole, we're definitely faster." BTW, my cousin had a nice bogey on the second, while both of the other kids took at least 8 shots.

By this time I'm trying not to crack up, this guy is obviously a total basketcase. I was completely at a loss for words. "Okay, whatever you say." I turned around and a muffled laugh slipped out. My cousin was watching the guy as I walked back, said he was giving me major stink eye. He told me we should have just beat the pulp out of the guy. ;)

Two holes later, the country gentleman joined our group and we sent a ranger over. Play was fast and smooth from then on.

What is the story behind the biggest a hole you have encountered on the course?

ManchesterGolfer

AKA.... Obi-Wan Ho-Nobi
Jan 4, 2006
I have played with the biggest golfing prick known to man. It was my own fault as I invited him over from the White Rose county he has been outcast to for a game at my home course.... Yes, you guessed it, ShotTalk's very own Dave! What a Knob end! ;)

Wi-Golfer

Golfer on hiatus.
Supporting Member
Jul 25, 2007
Madison, Wi
Country
United States United States
Playing the Meadows of Sixmile Creek in Waunakee. Just myself & my wife. We make it thru 3 holes before we catch up to this really slow 4some. They wave us thru, I finish the hole & move on to the 4th. I look back at the green & one of the couples is rushing like hell to catch up to us. They literally start screaming at me to wait for them because they want to join me. Now I try & decline nicely but they refuse to take no for an answer.

They join me & immediately start bitching about the couple they have just abandoned. To make a long story short the guy sucked, he was shanking everything, putting balls in the water, wouldn't shut up, etc. He got me so frazzeled that after 2 holes with him I was ready to kill the prick...his wife didn't play just drove his cart. I am on the tee box of the 6th & screw up my tee shot after the prick screwed his up.

Now I didn't hear this but my wife did. The guys old lady tells my wife something along these lines "gee the guys aren't playing so well" My wife told her "my husband was doing great until you guys joined us". All of sudden this bitch screams at her husband "they are blaming us for him sucking". She picked him up & the drove away. I was never so happy to see someone leave.

I moved onto the next hole & immeidately my game improved. BTW, they got so pissed off they actually left the course after 6 holes.

SilverUberXeno

El Tigre Blanco
Jul 26, 2005
I praise you gentlemen for your reserve. Or maybe I should condemn you for being WUSSIES! I don't pay a greens fee to go out and tolerate some idiot ruining my day.

OP
MIKE1218

MIKE1218

Top Bloke
Dec 21, 2006
I praise you gentlemen for your reserve. Or maybe I should condemn you for being WUSSIES! I don't pay a greens fee to go out and tolerate some idiot ruining my day.

Nobody ruined my day. I thought he was amusing.

nututhugame

Winter Sucks!
Supporting Member
Dec 29, 2008
Southeast Wisconsin
Country
I was at this outing once when out of nowhere some jerk (I thought I heard someone call him Jake) sicked his ants on me. Terrifying.

nututhugame

Winter Sucks!
Supporting Member
Dec 29, 2008
Southeast Wisconsin
Country
Too bad I didn't get to play with you..... you might've been able to save my round. Sicking your ants on me after a GOOD round would've been tolerable.

JEFF4i

She lives!
Supporting Member
Jul 3, 2006
I saw "I hate a man that talks rude," then saw SUX had posted here and just couldn't resist. :biglol:

Not much gets to me beyond unsolicited advice.

EnglishGolfer

Talks a good game
Oct 3, 2005
When that sort of crap happens I wait until they're getting close to 300 yards away then bombard them. At that distance I won't kill them if I hit them, but they definitely get the picture. If they still don't react positively I start reducing the distance.

I am a very genial golfer (even if I say so myself ;-), but as soon as someone goes out of their way to offend me then they better get out of the way or have reflexes like they are in The Matrix.

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
Not much gets to me beyond unsolicited advice.

Drives me nuts as well....

Course was really backed up one time, group behind us was at the tee when we tee'd off and i was trying to draw one but it went a bit further left than i had wanted and into some random tree's....nothing terrible.

The guy in the gruop behind us goes "You need to strengthen your grip, strengthen that grip and it will straighten you right out."

I wonder if he realized i was not left handed....

295yards

May 5, 2009
Nobody ruined my day. I thought he was amusing.

I'm sure it was amusing, I could appreciate the entertainment too but just be careful not to turn your back to these kinda people next time, especially if your gonna let a laugh slip out. He might have cracked you in the back of the head.

Tavery1

Jul 15, 2009
Worst guy I've ever been stuck behind was this 4some. Played from the blues even though they only drove the ball 200-240yrds on the greens spent more time than Tiger does to line up they're shots. If they shanked it they would go and look in the woods for 10 minutes or more. When if we would get within a shot of them they would instantly pickup and move forward just so my father and I couldn't play thru.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.