• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

I hate a man that talks rude.

ClemsonQB

Jun 23, 2009
I have to have everybody beat on this one. Me and 2 buddies are playing, and we get to a par 3 with a lake in front of it. One of the guys I'm with hasn't played in a year or two, and just isn't very good at all. There is a VERY slow foursome in front of us, but we are in no hurry. There is an old man and his wife behind us and he has already hit a ball on the last par 3 before we completely got off the green as we put flag back in.

So on this par 3, my no good buddy puts 2 in the water after me and the other guy are on green. He puts up his 3rd one, and the old man comes around the corner in his cart...SCREAMING...THATS HIS THIRD SHOT!!! THATS HIS THIRD SHOT!!!

And the man gets out of his cart, walks to us, and says...YOU GET ONE SHOT, AND THATS IT...THATS HOW YOU PLAY THE DAMN GAME. Needless to say i ran my mouth and got right in his face...and the guy was still SCREAMING about it, and was less than 6 inches from my face wanting to go at it...saying, if he hits that shot, I'm going to hit down on you on the green. Well, bottomline I dared him and threatened to take his life, and after that hole his wife made him apologize.

Turns out my other buddy made about an 80 foot birdie on that hole...I yelled at him for not taking his time on the green.

Tavery1

Jul 15, 2009
I agree it shouldn't have escalated but, if the guy gets ahold of one and hits someone in the back of the head or neck it can kill him. Personally I'd rather back him down than take a risk

ClemsonQB

Jun 23, 2009
Don't worry I wasn't going to kill the poor man. But it at least did shut it up. We all had a good laugh at the intensity this guy carried himself with. I love telling this story with those guys all the time. What killed me was his muffin afro.

20 PAT's

Jun 21, 2009
2009 state four ball tourney playing with this guy and his 18 year old son...after he berates his son he heaves his wedge in my direction. Granted he may not have been the best player, but to be this cheesed off was outrageous! I pitch my ball on, make my par. I kept my cool. Three holes later I make a snake for two and he tries the old fist bump....no no I say I'm all out of fist bumps and leave him hanging. So someone out there may think I'm a douch but that's ok I'm sure he's not the only one.
BTW 295yds avatar rules. Nice donkey!

VAGolf

MHS Varsity Golf 09'
Aug 15, 2008
My highschool golf team had practice at the club the last 3 weeks, and the very first day, and older gentleman was talking to the guy behind the counter about how "golf isnt made for kids" and how "we take so long on the course he could play 18 before we play 5 holes", and other stuff like that. i thought older players of the game encouraged kids to pick up the game? he played a cart, and we walked the course. ive never heard someone be such a d-bag at a golf club. needless to say, my group of 4 finished the front 9 in 2 hours 7 minutes :eek:

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.