• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

I have a new savior and it's name is Cleveland Launcher

Rosmo

All around nice guy
Apr 22, 2005
Well I was hitting a Titleist 975J and it was a very good club for me. I was averaging about 250-275 and on occasion I could get 290-300yds with a really good swing. But being the club ho that I am I was looking for something newer and bigger.

I probably would have bought a 905T but they were a little expensive. Then last week I was at the pro shop at the golf course just down the street and there it was...A shiny brand new Cleveland TI 460 with a Grafalloy Blue stiff shaft for $179:eek: So I bought that and took it out to the range and I hit it pretty well but nothing special. Then I took it out to the range again last night and was hitting it quite a bit better but you can never really tell just how good on the range.

So today I got a tee time this moring to get some real world experience with my new toy. I normally play from the blues, but I got paired up with some nice older gentlemen so I played from the whites which is no big deal. I get to the short par 5 8th hole which from the whites plays just over 500yrds. Through the middle of the hole runs a good size creek out about 270 yrds out so I usually lay up but today I had a wind behing me and wanted to see what I could do with the club. I cought the ball dead on the sweet spot and nailed it. When I got up to my ball I only had 128yds left, so about a 372yrd drive:eek:(no eagle though, I had to make a 10ft snake put for birdie).

The rest of holes I was averaging right around 300yds give or take a few, although I will admit not all were in the fairway. Then we get to the par 4 17th which was playing 365yds. I semi-jokingly said to the guys that I was gonna try and hit it on the green if I could keep it straight, as the wind was behing me again. I again hit it right in the screws and ended up on the right side of the green on the frindge(again had to settle for a birdie).

Long story short I have never been more excited to get out there and play and now I'm hoping to be able to get my handicap back down to scratch.

LOVE THE CLEVELAND LAUNCHER:smilie_cl:smilie_cl:smilie_cl

Slingblade61

Supporting Member
Aug 26, 2004
Ahhh, yet another victim falls to the disease, clevlandium launcheritis.
There is no known cure and no one is even working on one. :)

MAHALLEDAY

Mikey Dangerous
Nov 29, 2004
One of my great regrets is buying my Mizuno MP-001 instead of the luancher. Not that I dont love my zuno, teh launchers are just that much better.

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
Does the props for the Launcher all this time make up for me "gouging" everyone's saviour of Corey Pavin and his illustrious record? :D

It's a great stick. You really can't go wrong.

R35

VtDivot

SLIGHTERED
Supporting Member
Apr 16, 2005
My partner for the member-member tourney at our club was shocked that my Launcher was gone out of the bag

IrishGolfer

Fac ut gaudeam
Supporting Member
Sep 1, 2004
Rockford35 said:
Does the props for the Launcher all this time make up for me "gouging" everyone's saviour of Corey Pavin and his illustrious record? :D

Eh, no! :)

ualtim

Carrollton, TX
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2005
Country
United States United States
Rockford35 said:

It's a great stick. You really can't go wrong.

R35

I think we should make Rockford change his name to Pavin48 for a year :D

I saw the title of this thread and would have put some serious money down that Rock would be the second poster, but I was wrong. Is Cleveland giving you guys kick backs or something everytime you post about it? :D

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
ualtim said:
I think we should make Rockford change his name to Pavin48 for a year :D

I saw the title of this thread and would have put some serious money down that Rock would be the second poster, but I was wrong. Is Cleveland giving you guys kick backs or something everytime you post about it? :D

I wish! :D

I've already broken down and changed my User Title to accomodate Mr. Pavin.

R35

ualtim

Carrollton, TX
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2005
Country
United States United States
Rockford35 said:
I wish! :D

I've already broken down and changed my User Title to accomodate Mr. Pavin.

R35

I like your signature line, too. We should make it a requirement for everyone :D Mind if I copy the format?

🔥 Latest posts