• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

I have a question about World Rankings

LottaBalata

Jun 30, 2005
Maybe more than one question really. Is it determined by money? By top tournament finishes?

My reason for asking is I received a Golf Channel email that said something like "Sergio, only ranked below Tiger and Phil". . .And first off, I'm thinking, should Phil still be number 2? Padraig had 2 MAJOR WINS, Kenny Perry had 3 tour wins, as did AK, Vijay won the FedEx Cup. . .

And Tiger, didn't even finish the season, but remains #1. He did have like 5 wins though right?

I'm not going to give my Top 5. . .I wouldn't know where to begin. But, I'm still not completely understanding how it works.

Thanks

OP
LottaBalata

LottaBalata

Jun 30, 2005
I'm going to bump this up in hopes that someone will post an INTELLIGENT answer.

I've done some google searches, did some searches here. Not finding much--at least not much in how the rankings are decided.

THANKS

BrandonM7

Nov 23, 2007
I coulda swore they did rock/scissors/paper?

Nah, that's the old way. They took the paper out to please the hippies, you know all that "save the earth" stuff, wasting resources and whatnot. So now it's just rock-scissors. That's why Tiger stays at number 1 even without playing - he always picks "rock."

🔥 Latest posts