• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

I have reached my final decision about Tiger Woods.

nututhugame

Winter Sucks!
Supporting Member
Dec 29, 2008
Southeast Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
I'm starting to think he may be past his prime. I wonder if he'll ever win another major championship. He can't drive the ball worth a crap and has lost his putting stroke in pressure situations.

It's over. I hope he saved his money.

Kevin

I don't know what to make of this post. I think it's dry humor, but could be serious.

How many times did he win this year? Barring some serious shit he's the FedEx champ again.

Wi-Golfer

Golfer on hiatus.
Supporting Member
Jul 25, 2007
Madison, Wi
Country
United States United States
Tiger will be fine, has a lot of years to get the next 4-5 Majors. Just needs to treat them like a regular tournament & stop putting so much pressure on himself.

And speaking of man crushes, did anyone listen to Jon Gruden last night during the Vikings/Texans game? I swear he wanted to come down to the field & blow Favre right on the 50 yd line.

three puttz

Mar 30, 2009
Without beating a dead horse, I have to disagree that Tiger loses his cool more often than not. Most of the time you see him on the course or in public he is calm, cool and collected. Every now and then you see him go off, but I always make the argument that he may go off but I doubt its more than other greats ever did. This is an old argument and I don't want to threadjack...just had to give my 2 cents on that.

On another note, I want in on the $5k bet. Jack went 3 yrs without winning a major at one point, so Tiger going one season is no biggie. I still believe he will end with somewhere in the neighborhood of 20-22 majors.
I do agree with the argument that Tiger has less competition than the other all time greats though...but again that's another thread.

I'm not trying to be argumentative - I hope it didn't come off that way... it's just a matter of personal taste - and for me, that's a dealbreaker - I won't support anyone that carries on like that.

Perhaps it's only a matter of always seeing him do it bc he's always on camera... But like I noted with Marino, I can't stand when any of them do it. There are plenty who don't - Cink, Perry, Watson, Furyk to name a few - there are many more...

BTW did everyone see the scene at the scorer's table with Stricker and Slocum? I was blown away... he had just lost the tournament on a putt he should make and he was genuinely congratulatory. I was kind of indifferent to him before, but seeing that made me a fan

Esox

Supporting Member
Aug 6, 2008
Gary D'Amato, the golf writer for the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel says Stricker is such a nice guy that even Tiger likes him. Calls him Strick and they sort of embrace when they greet each other.

Kevin

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
I'm not trying to be argumentative - I hope it didn't come off that way... it's just a matter of personal taste - and for me, that's a dealbreaker - I won't support anyone that carries on like that.

Perhaps it's only a matter of always seeing him do it bc he's always on camera... But like I noted with Marino, I can't stand when any of them do it. There are plenty who don't - Cink, Perry, Watson, Furyk to name a few - there are many more...

BTW did everyone see the scene at the scorer's table with Stricker and Slocum? I was blown away... he had just lost the tournament on a putt he should make and he was genuinely congratulatory. I was kind of indifferent to him before, but seeing that made me a fan

I didn't take it as argumentative, I was really just responding to your post with my opinion, I have a hard time getting worked up by guys swearing and the camera catching it, that's just me.

I think taken as a whole Pro Golf is in a much better place than alot of other sports. I can't watch the NBA or baseball and hardly watch football anymore. Now that I mention it, do they still play professional hockey? LOL.

three puttz

Mar 30, 2009
I didn't take it as argumentative, I was really just responding to your post with my opinion, I have a hard time getting worked up by guys swearing and the camera catching it, that's just me.

I think taken as a whole Pro Golf is in a much better place than alot of other sports. I can't watch the NBA or baseball and hardly watch football anymore. Now that I mention it, do they still play professional hockey? LOL.

Completely with you on the other pro sports... I still watch football and baseball, but the older I get, the less I care. I like college sports much, much more...

And what's this "hockey" thing you referred to?? :laugh:

Members online

No members online now.