• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

I haven't swung a club...

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
In about a month now. Pretty much the longest stretch since I started playing.

Just figured I'd say hello and let you guys know I'm still alive... and not incarcerated.
icon10.gif
New job is going well. It's been very demanding and have been putting in 50-70hrs. a week. It'll pay off though. It's the toughest task I've ever taken on. There is a lot of responsibility on my shoulders. I'm getting used to weeding out employees, lol. I dread it but let 2 people go this week, hired 3 more and hopefully a 4th tomorrow.

The production process is slowly but surely coming together and finally starting to see some efficiency. We should be at 200K + gross this month and hoping to double to 400K by the 1st of the year. I'm already looking around at 10-15K sq.ft. buildings with 2-3 loading docks.

We've got a very tight knit team between myself, the GM and the 2 owners. I feel like the sky is the limit and love the job. I've always been very competitive (anyone who's played with me a few times knows that), so this is the perfect place for me. It's a challenge and I'm enjoying being able to utilize everything I've ever learned in school as well as in the moving business.

Aside from that... been watching football and playing poker online a lot again. I play a tournament just about every night at Pokerstars.

Clubs are still in the trunk and unless I hear from 2fast about playing again they'll probably go from there to storage for the winter.

FATC1TY

Taylormade Ho' Magnet
May 29, 2008
Good luck with everything, hope it all pays off..

And from someone who does the hire/fire, and used to do it often... It gets easier, once you realize that when you have people who really want to work, it makes YOUR job easier. Keep someone for no reason and your left with a headache and more work yourself. No one wins in the end.

Bakemono36

Aug 24, 2008
You arent alone. I havent play in about 3 weeks. Ive been fighting off a case of H1N1 (swine flu) and now Im recovering from an ankle injury.
Im dying to get back out on the course, but I have to get healthy first.

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
Pay up, fools. I told you he wasn't in jail. :D

Good to hear from you, J. The golf course will always be there when the hard work has been put in. Congrats.

R35

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
Nice to know your still alive and well. I haven't played since the end of July and honestly I needed the break. I was playing so crappy and have a few other things going on so it just was't fun. I sold most of my clubs to pay for a trip to NC and what few I have left are on ebay as I type this. Going to take a few months off (thanks to winter) and start fresh in the spring.

Glad to hear the new job is going well, am looking for a new gig myself but in this market its tough. Anyway nice to see your still around.

OP
ezra76

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
Good luck with everything, hope it all pays off..

And from someone who does the hire/fire, and used to do it often... It gets easier, once you realize that when you have people who really want to work, it makes YOUR job easier. Keep someone for no reason and your left with a headache and more work yourself. No one wins in the end.

Now that is the truth if I ever heard it. A guy we just brought on 2 days ago as a "temp to hire" just isn't cutting it. On top of it he's already asking about more money. I'll give him a full week but that's it. The job isn't all that hard, more about some common sense and motivation than anything. Tough to find people that want to work it seems. We do have a lot of good workers though. Just finding those last couple to put it all together smoothly is tough.

Good to hear from you guys.

justagolfer

Aug 14, 2006
The sense of entitlement that the young workforce has is frightening. Sometimes when they come in and ask for more money (and I'm thinking can their a**) I can only shake my head in disbelief.

Good luck.

IrishGolfer

Fac ut gaudeam
Supporting Member
Sep 1, 2004
Hey Ez

Great news ont he job. Nice one dude! Given the shitty weather up where you are if I was you I'd mothball the sticks. Keep the head down, work the hours, get the kudos and experience over the winterand hopefully your job will grow and so will the $s. Come Spring, you can dust the clubs off and get straight back into it. I'll bet you'll dicover a new enthusiasm for the game again.

IG

MCDavis

The Plaid Duffer
Staff member
Oct 19, 2006
Sanford, NC
Country
United States United States
Glad it's going well, ezra!

You know, if you're already online playing poker, you could check in more often...;)

🔥 Latest posts