• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

I joined a club

OP
azgreg

azgreg

"Don't count that."
Supporting Member
Sep 20, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
Country
United States United States
Handicapped? Flighted?

The MGA does it a little different.

Penalty Strokes Explained

"If your handicap is below 18, it will be rounded to the closest whole number and then you will be penalized with strokes until it totals 18 (therby kinda turning you into an 18 handicapper and in line with what The MGA believes a mediocre golfer should be).

EXAMPLE 1: Jon is a 11.6 handicap. He thinks he's so ******* cool with his long drives and fancy putter. Well here in the MGA, we put him in his place. His 11.6 handicap is rounded up to 12, then we subtract that from 18 to see how many penalty strokes we'll add onto his score after the round. (The answer is 6 in this case, but you knew that right?)

EXAMPLE 2: Willie is a 20.4 handicap. He's just an honest, hard-working mediocre golfer, trying to reach that perfect 18 handicap mark. Since he's not there yet, he has no penalty strokes and at the end of the day, his score is what it is. No penalties, but no help either for being worse than 18. Gotta earn it Willie! Hit the range."

OP
azgreg

azgreg

"Don't count that."
Supporting Member
Sep 20, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
Country
The MGA has declared February "No Fuck February". Can't risk knocking up your significant other in February causing a birth in November causing you to miss the World Championship.......every year. With that my chapter is having our last preseason event before the season starts next month. Tomorrow is the Plan B Invitational. Should be a good time. We have 48 guys entered including the current world champ.

Fairwaysplitter3320

Recovering Equipment Ho...off the wagon again.
Staff member
Admin
Sep 7, 2013
Chapel Hill, TN
Country
The MGA has declared February "No Fuck February". Can't risk knocking up your significant other in February causing a birth in November causing you to miss the World Championship.......every year. With that my chapter is having our last preseason event before the season starts next month. Tomorrow is the Plan B Invitational. Should be a good time. We have 48 guys entered including the current world champ.
Solid plan!

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
This was always a thing for me. I told my wife, before she was my wife, that a condition of marriage was that any child births during hunting season are strictly prohibited.

🔥 Latest posts