• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

I like pizza, and pie, but this Slice I don't!!

FATC1TY

Taylormade Ho' Magnet
May 29, 2008
I'm a beginner golfer. I've played several times before, bought clubs, played a little, and got better clubs.

Now I've stared trying to really get into the game.. I have a on again, off again slice.

Any tips, hints, sites, anything to help me understand why, and how?

I have dancing feet sometimes when I get "dug" in for my shot, and I walk my stance around a little, and get off aim.

I know my wrist is doing something opening my club face way way too much sometimes..

I just hate aiming left, looking for my slice, only to rock a nice one into the woods.

SilverUberXeno

El Tigre Blanco
Jul 26, 2005
Keep your head where it is. Turn the club back around your body and get your elbow against your side at the top of the swing. This is the CONNECTED feeling people strive for. When you come down at the ball, swing with your hip, which will bring your arms around. This is an attack from the inside.

Work on this a bit. Sometimes you need to find a happy medium to do it comfortably; but if you swing flatter, around your body, don't sway, and let the arms FOLLOW the body instead of leading it, it's very hard to slice.

I hit 9 drives today at the range, and 9 of them were excellent.

swingsmooth

Apr 24, 2008
I'm a beginner golfer. I've played several times before, bought clubs, played a little, and got better clubs.

Now I've stared trying to really get into the game.. I have a on again, off again slice.

Any tips, hints, sites, anything to help me understand why, and how?

I have dancing feet sometimes when I get "dug" in for my shot, and I walk my stance around a little, and get off aim.

I know my wrist is doing something opening my club face way way too much sometimes..

I just hate aiming left, looking for my slice, only to rock a nice one into the woods.

Go to the range. Lay a club down just outside the ball on the target line. Then Lay a club parallel to that club but on your toe line. Practice a preshot routine of visualizing the shot from behind the ball picking a spot a couple of feet beyond the ball on the target line, aligning the club face that intermediate target, stepping into your stance using the clubs on the ground to check your setup. When you play on the course, always use your preshot routine for every shot.

OP
FATC1TY

FATC1TY

Taylormade Ho' Magnet
May 29, 2008
Yes. Aldilla NVS X-stiff.

The shaft and this r5 have my driving better than ever. When I execute my drive, I make it though, it's just I have a problem addressing the ball and lining my feet up in the direction I want. Then I get dug in, and move a little, and get my line all messed up.

I'll work on keeping my left arm closer to my body on my swing. Sometimes I do it, others I don't. I'll have a wonderful draw, and the next hole, I'll slice it way outta there. I'm inconsistent, and hate to "play through my slice", because thats getting my no where.

🔥 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online