• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

I LOVE "best ball" Outings

P_102

Jun 7, 2005
Played in one a couple weeks ago....team in front of us finished 20 under w/ 1 par, 14 birdies and 3 eagles.....We could see this team practically the whole way and were on the tee w/ them many times. Their leader (a local bartender that spent some time on the Nike Tour) was hitting awesome drives all day....I doubt they ever had more than a 7 iron as a 2nd shot to the par 5's. We watched as they drained long putts time after time also..... yup, they actually shot that score.....then got hosed by a wild hcp. system (blind holes chosen at random?) that made them give back several strokes. No matter, the ex-pro had already disqualified himself from winning anything anyway.

P_102

OP
warbirdlover

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
The scramble(s) we go to are every year and the same golfers attend. Everyone knows everyone and there really is no cheating. The teams that "should" win usually do win.

Just got back from it. Our team (very high potential, very low production) flopped as usual. No one could make the needed shot when necessary. All of us seem to forget how to swing a club in these things. But we had an absolute blast. Laughed 'til my sides felt like they were going to split.

Davebud

Crackhead Zebra
Oct 31, 2005
Yeah, Warbird that is my hope in Mondays scramble, my son and my father in law are both going to play on my team and a friend of mine is as well. We all suck, but we all have a sense of humor. Should be a total kick in the pants. 11 of the holes have water hazards, so my son has already asked what the maximum number of balls he can carry is. He has seen Tin Cup and remembers the water hazard scene.

OP
warbirdlover

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
I hit the nicest 3-wood 220 yards (second shot on a par five) straight through the middle of a huge oak tree (it never touched a leaf!) and right into the middle of a pond. Talk about a feeling of accomplishment immediately being crushed!!

I loved that scene in Tin Cup. I'm about that bull headed, LOL.

:)

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.